[Nfbf-l] first of 2 updates for Jim Ellsworth

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 22:43:33 UTC 2013

With all the Thanksgiving doings, I haven't kept up with e-mail as much as I
should. Here is the first of 2 updates about our dear friend jim Ellsworth.

Written Nov 25, 2013 8:11am

Good morning, Today, Jim goes back to the hospital for Hyper-CVAD cycle A,
round 2. As you can imagine he isn't looking forward to this at all. This
morning, he said he wished they could just administer the stuff at home. He
can't sleep well in the hospital, he doesn't like the food, he can't move
around freely and he can't play with the stereo. Also, he said he gets
lonely there without me. I reminded him though that we have one more cycle;
and then, he gets a PET scan which will tell us if the treatment worked. We
no that progress has already been made as a sizable lump that has been under
his right arm is no longer able to be felt upon examination by the nurse
practioner at MIP. Thus, we are quite hopeful tht remission will be
achieved. This is a four-night stay; and as always, we pray there will be no
complications. The last time he had cycle A, he did fairly well during the
administration of it. It was after he came home that we ran into issues.
Unfortunately, he will have to be in the hospital during thanksgiving. It
makes us all a bit sad; however, we intend on being with him for a while on
that day. Going to post this now as I need to get ready and get his
belongings together for the stay. He has labs, a visit with dr. Sotomayor
and hospital admittance afterwards. I know everyone will be praying for him
and sending positive thoughts his way. I hope everyone has a great day; and,
I'm sure I will be posting an update in the next couple of days or so. To
our friends and family who are experiencing old man Winter's grip, stay warm
and stay safe. Kim
Sent from CaringBridge iPhone App

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com