[Nfbf-l] most recent update on Jim Ellsworth

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 22:48:47 UTC 2013

I want to personally thank you all for your prayers on Jim's behalf. The
NFBF family has really pulled together for him. Please read below for the
fantastic news. A happy and blessed Thanksgiving to all!

Written 34 minutes ago

Good afternoon everyone, Every day that we get to wake up and greet the new
day is a reason to certainly celebrate. Today however, our family has a
major cause for celebration. We have received the finest news and the most
special blessing. Prayers from our family and have friends have been
answered. It has more than made our Thanksgiving and even our Christmas. I
know, I know. I am prolonging the telling of the good news. First off, a
brief update on Jim. Even with the advent of the good news, which I will
tell soon, he appears to be having a bad day. He's been complaining of eye
pain since we've been here. He is also desperately wanting to go home;
which, it looks like he will be doing so tomorrow evening around 6 or 7. He
really isn't in a very good mood. He did receive blood today as his blood
count was a bit low. Nurse says he's been eating and he's not had any
nausea. Overall, things are going along normally in terms of getting his
chemo. He's just trying to get through it; albeit impatiently. Our family
plans on coming to visit him and bring him something to eat around lunch
time tomorrow. I hope this will improve his spirits and that the fact he
will be going home later that day will make him feel better. Okay, I know
the masses are waiting for me to get to the good stuff. Drum roll please.
Are you sitting down? Guess what? We have a bone marrow donor! And, not only
do we have a donor, they are a 10 of 10 HLA antigen match. To learn more
about HLA testing and transplant process, visit: www.bethematch.org Woohoo!!
Isn't this the most awesome news? We cried tears of joy upon receiving the
news. How could you not. We have had a year and a half of struggles,
challenges, hurry up and waiting, emotional ups and downs. Thus, this good
news is the light at the end of the tunnel we've been looking for. We know
that there will be new challenges facing us; and, Jim has another cycle of
chemotherapy to complete after this one. Also, he will undergo a pET scan
and then a complete physical to make sure he is able to undergo the
transplant. Also, the physical exam helps the doctor know what areas may be
of concern and what to look for during transplant. It is all about hope.
This is a new lease on life. And though he is not feeling great right now,
when he gets back home and has had a few days to recover, I hope he will get
to feeling more hopeful about everything. We know there are still some tests
that will need to be run on the donor. We also read that the donor is asked
if they want to continue each step and that they could suddenly change their
mind. However, we pray that this will not happen and that everything
continues to move in a positive direction. He is currently sleeping;
however, I know he joins me in wishing all of you a happy Thanksgiving. May
everyone be safe, eat lots of yummy food, take a nap if needed; and most of
all, enjoy your loved ones. Give thanks to God for the gift of life. Kim
Sent from CaringBridge iPhone App

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com