[Nfbf-l] Health Update

Joe Naulty jnaulty at cfl.rr.com
Wed Sep 4 13:15:08 UTC 2013

Holly...so glad to hear you are on the mend.  The Naultys understand the
enormity of your condition because 45 years ago, our middle son Bill
sustained a life threatening head injury in a bicycle accident.  In one of
the surgeries
he picked up a staph infection.  Before it was all over, he
had gangrene of the scalp, osteomyelitis of the scull and
staph in his brain tissue....Not just medical malpractice
(we never recovered a dime)...but complete devastation
from the staph.   Staph is totally destructive.  Bill was finally
transferred to a large medical center where they did save his life. We will
not dramatize all the other surgeries which were required...but he still
lives with the unbelieveable effects of 12 neurosurgical procedures.
The doctors at New York University Medical Center
(where he eventually got the care he needed) made no
guarantees...his life was on the line.  Without going into
detail, Bill's life was forever altered.  Treatments
were different then...there were limited drugs to fight
such a destructive infection.  It was a life or death
situation...as is yours.  Bill made it through, and we trust you will fully
recover.

When one adds mrsa to the mix...you are in a very
delicate situation; we know first hand the dangers you
face  .   We will pray for you and your little girl as well as your adorable
son.

God Bless and Keep You Well
Joe and Arlene Naulty