[Nfbf-l] Health Update

Holly Idler hbeanie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 02:42:26 UTC 2013

Kori,
I'm not sure where people are getting told that I had cellulitis. I had a cyst on my leg that enlarged quickly. I went to a walk in clinic and had it drained. Then within 9 hours I went to the ER. I was tested and found that I had a staph & mrsa infection and it had moved into my blood stream. I told the doctor that I thought I was going to die, she said if I would have waited to come in even another 6 hours I most likely would have. This was a serious illness that I have been fighting for 6 weeks now. I spent 6 nights at Halifax Hospital, two in ICU. I was home healing for 2.5 weeks then I was hospitalized at Winnie Palmer for four nights. Now all is looking good. I have finished my IV antibiotics and have a follow up with the infectious disease doctor in Orlando this week. I might be back to work on Monday. Only time will tell.

Thank you for thinking about me! This is what really happened.
Holly

Sent from my iPhone