[Nfbf-l] Something New for the Blind- OrCam - check it out

Alan Dicey adicey at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 29 16:17:48 UTC 2013

Dear Friends,

This came in to my "In Box", from a friend .

It is very Interesting, just went to listen to the video.

The voice is great, that much I can say.

Some said it was "Pricy" though!!

An independent review of this device would be most interesting!

Hope the AFB or some other Technical organization  does a good review and write up on it.

With Best Regards,

God Bless,

Alan

Planttation, Florida

Sent 29 September 2013 10:46 AM
To: 'National Accessibility Portal mailing list with topics focused on accessibility for users with visual disabilities.'
Subject: Re: [Blind] OrCam - check it out!

OK, sighted people say it is around the first two joints of your pinki finger, clipped to your shades, with a small wire running to the bone conduction headphone, with a wire running from the back of your ear to your back supposedly to your battery pack clipped unto your belt at the back .

 Sounds lovely and a good idea - now if only apple will buy this and intergrate this into a phone....

 Regards,

Carel