[Nfbf-l] scam e-mails

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 9 15:40:31 UTC 2014

Hi Kathy,

If you open an e mail but did not open the attachment then you have nothing
to worry about.  You can't get a virus or spyware simply by opening an e
mail.  Just delete the message and you will be fine.  If you opened the
attachment or clicked on any links in the message then you should run a full
scan with your anti virus program.  It would be good if you also have a
spyware program like Malware Bytes but if you don't then you can get a trial
copy from there web site.  I am putting the link to the web site below.
When you bring up the web site just click the link for the free version and
it will start the download process to your computer.  Next install the
program and then allow it to fully update itself and I believe it will
automatically run a first time scan which can take a while.  The program is
pretty accessible.  When it is done follow the steps to remove anything it
finds.  It creates a text file once the scan is complete which you can close
with alt F4 unless you want to save it for some reason.  That is pretty much
it so good luck and I think you will be fine but it is always possible that
you might have something on your PC but running both your antivirus and
Malware Bytes should fix any problems.

http://www.malware bytes.org

Thanks,
Jim Ellsworth