[Nfbf-l] scam e-mails

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 9 16:15:12 UTC 2014

Hi Kathy and all,

More often than not these kinds of e mail's can seem to be pretty legit and
we all need to be very careful not to click links or open attachments from
these kinds of messages.  Sometimes if you open such a message you can tell
if it is spam or junk by the way it is written.  There will be misspellings
and words might be missing from sentences etc.

If you ever get any messages that seem to come from Microsoft telling you
that you have a virus on your PC just delete it.  They will never send such
a message.  Other examples of things to beware of are messages from your
bank asking you to log into your account to fix a problem.  It might be a
spoofed message and clicking on a link in the message will take you a
spoofed web site and if you log in there most likely you will have just
given your log in information to someone giving them access to your real
account.

Just be careful and pay close attention to messages that you open and if
something seems weird about the message don't click any links or open any
attachments.

Thanks,
Jim