[Nfbf-l] voting in ellections

Judith Hamilton jrhamilton51 at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 5 11:49:51 UTC 2014

Hi Holly and Everyone:
I share the same issues and experiences as you have had, Holly. I previously used the large print and audio together because it works better for me. However, it always concerned me about where the machine was positioned and it stands up on a kind of easle stand. I have recently used the audio feature more and ask them to put the cover over the screen. This does seem to work. I agree with you on the poll worker experience. They are volunteers and they get some training but, really don't have much demand to put whatever training they get to use. Some do know me, not by name, but because I request the machine. But they are reassigned a lot and I do early voting a lot. I think just like voter apathy, working the polls is not a high priority for a lot of people mainly because of the training and time involved. I just read a note about an NFB survey on voting experiences. The survey is of course online, through Survey Monkey, which leaves the people without access to computers out of the loop, but I am planning to look into this more before our chapter meeting on Saturday.
Judy