[Nfbf-l] [NFBF-l] More Pertaining to NFBF Elections

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 01:50:10 UTC 2015

Hello Kitty,
	How nice to hear from you! I'm certainly looking forward to seeing
you and Joe at convention so we can get in a good visit.
	Thank you for affirming the membership's need to know who is
interested in running for a position on the State board for the first time
or hoping to get re-elected to a certain position they currently hold.
Goodness knows we all are overwhelmed with candidates seeking a given office
on the local, state or national level. We have opportunities to read all
about them. We have opportunities to attend candidate forums. We can even
call and ask questions that concern us when we are trying to decide to cast
our vote. It is a much smaller scale when it comes to electing officers and
board members to head up the NFB of Florida. None-the-less, it is equally as
crucial for us to hear from interested candidates on the list so we can talk
further with them at convention. How awful it would be if a member of the
NFBF won a position simply because they were nominated from the floor and
subsequently gave a gripping, over-the-top moving three minute speech. Such
a candidate could land a spot on the board based on their speaking abilities
without the membership knowing little if any about their qualifications and
leadership abilities. I've seen this happen before but let's don't have it
happen again. We, the members, deserve to know who is running and what their
platform is for the future.
	So looking forward to seeing you and Joe very soon. You two have
always been so very special to me.

Blessings always,

Kathy