[Nfbf-l] {Disarmed} Fw: Stand up for Uber in Florida!

Carlos Montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:06:43 UTC 2015

Good morning to all although I have not had issues with Uber when I did have a guide dog, I believe that it is important that we as individuals as well as an organization stand behind  these  individuals because it could happen to any of us at any time. I just herd of a case in California where the uber driver did not want to allow a person to travel with her guide dog. After she explained to the driver  that her dog was a service dog, he then allowed her  to use the service. The driver then tried to argue that her dog made a mess in his car.  After her ride uber tried to charge her 100 dollars to pay for the mess and the clean up. It should be noted that the driver did not say what kind of mess the dog made. We need to continue to watch and document these cases.  Marian you are doing a great job as the President of the National Association of Guide Dog Users.  Keep it up my friend.

Sent from my iPhone