[Nfbf-l] I Challenge Individuals to Put our Money Where our Hearts Are!

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Wed Jan 13 11:32:50 UTC 2016

Dear All,

                My wife, Merry Schoch and I are very dedicated to the
mission and work of the National Federation of the Blind. Merry serves as
the president of the NFB's Human Services Division, a special interest
division for clinical social workers, mental health counselors, and other
allied health providers, while I serve as president of the National
Association of Guide dog Users. We both know that without the strength,
support, and integrity of the National Federation of the Blind, our work
would not be possible. Every element of the Movement rests on the fact there
is a Jernigan Institute and the National Federation of the Blind and every
element of this Movement from our national divisions, state affiliates,
affiliate divisions to our local chapters rests upon that fact and it is up
to us to support its work.

                For this reason, we are putting our money where our hearts
are. Merry and I have two bank accounts - one for our personal use and one
for our business use. We currently make contributions to the PAC plan from
each account and will increase our pledges from both. In addition, it is our
responsibility to support our state affiliate and, during the banquet, we
will make a significant contribution to the affiliate's treasury.

I would like to challenge each chapter, division, and individual to do the
same by joining or increasing your PAC Plan pledge. You only need to start
or increase by $5.00; that is pretty painless and you will have the chance
to win a picture of Benjamin Franklin! I would also like to challenge
individuals to make a small pledge during our banquet. There will likely be
about 100 - 150 Federationists in attendance at this banquet, so I am
confident we can support our affiliate by raising $2000 during the
convention. After all, this awesome convention you are about to attend costs
the affiliate about $20,000 over and above your registration fees. So, let's
put our money where our hearts are and support the Federation which supports
us!

Let's go build the Federation!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala