[Nfbf-l] Free standing light detector available

Bill Outman woutman at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 21 03:24:47 UTC 2017

I have two of them.  One is called LightDetector that I believe I paid $1.99
for.  It responds with a tone that rises and falls depend on the intensity
of the light your phone is pointed towards.

The other is Boop Light Detector, which is free and shows as Boop on your
phone's screen.  It uses a set up of beeps that rise and fall depending on
light intensity.  It is supposed to have a vibration feature included so as
to be helpful to the deaf-blind.

I actually bought the paid one first.  I got the other one as well since II
heard there might be better response in some situations.

Thes are for your iPhone, which uses the iOS operating system.  I can't say
what's available in Android.

I hope that information was helpful.

Bill Outman