[Nfbf-l] Some Stats on Subminimum Wages in Florida

Marion Gwizdala marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Fri Jan 6 22:21:38 UTC 2017

Dear All,
                Since we will be screening the Bottom Dollars documentary in
Tampa exposing the exploitation of disabled workers under the 14(c) program,
I have done a little research on this issue. Attached to this message is a
list of all entities in Florida who hold 14(c)  certificates in Florida and
the number of employees with each entity receiving less than the minimum
wage. I have compiled the following statistics for your consideration

Number of Certificate Holders In Tampa Bay area: 10

Number of disabled workers in Tampa Bay area receiving less than the minimum
wage: 793

Total number of Certificate holders in Florida: 78

Total number of disabled workers in Florida receiving less than the minimum
wage: 6502

One important stat you might see in this document is that the biggest
exploiter of disabled workers is Goodwill Indusstries, employing more than
1000 disabled workers at less than the minimum wage while their CEO - who
happens to be blind - earns about $500,000 annually.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala