[Nfbf-l] paying gratuity to server, corrected.

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 8 12:21:26 UTC 2017

Good morning all:

Being a business owner in the hospitality industry, which if you are not aware, I own a travel agency.

That being said, no matter where you travel to. Restaurant, hotel, car service, etc. Everything is tipped, these people are paid less than the minimum wage, because their main "Bread & Butter" is their tips. Many of them have to split these tips among the other staff as well.

If you go to a restaurant here in Florida even at a Steak n Shake, there is tip indicated of how much to pay for the service, anything less you are gipping them, they may not say anything to you about this. They may be thinking oh the poor "blind person" may not have the money to pay it.

Believe me, I have gone to some restaurants and they have said, oh you don't have to worry about that. I ask why, "Well you know you are blind", had this happen the other day at Longhorns, when I was meeting a client for dinner. They immediately thought to give my client the bill. Until I said, first of all I am paying the bill, they smiled, etc. I gave them a business card, and I said I am the owner of the business and this is a business meeting. I said I want to see the manager, and the manager who knows me, apologized and said he will be spoken to.

So make sure if you cannot read you bill, use your knfb reader or ask what it is. If you are not tipping for these services, not good.

We want to be treated like "equals" like our sighted brothers & sisters, then we pay our fair share.

Cheryl and Nelson Echevarria
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
321-245-7561 home number

631-456-5394 (Echevarria Travel) for business only

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cherylandmaxx