[Nfbf-l] Preparing For My Meeting with Dbs

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 19:34:38 UTC 2017

Dear Members,

On Monday April 3rd I have a meeting at the Florida Division of
Blind Services office here in Orlando.  Recently I had a job
placement evaluation to update my current functioning and discuss
my career placement.  During this evaluation Doctor Felicia
Ferrara and I discussed taking an independent living course at
the Lighthouse of Central Florida.  I have a few questions for
all of you on this list.  Does the Rehabilitation Center for the
Blind and Visually impaired offer a course in independent living
skills? What is a typical day like at the Rehab Center? How did
you prepare to attend the Rehab Center? What did you and your
families do to get you prepared for your stay at the Rehab
Center? I'd love to hear from all of the Rehab Center graduates
on this list.  Taking an independent living skills course is one
of the things I plan to discuss with my Dbs counselor's
supervisor on Monday.  The psychologist who conducted my job
placement evaluation wrote a report and sent it to Dbs a few
weeks ago.  Hope to hear from you soon.