[Nfbf-l] A Great Volunteer Opportunity

roanna bacchus rbacchus228 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:03:04 UTC 2018

Dear Federation Family,

I found a great volunteer opportunity for anyone in the Orlando
area.  The 2018 East Florida Braille Challenge is coming to
Orlando on Friday February ninth from 8-30 Am to 4-30 Pm.  The
Braille Challenge is a national competition created by the
Braille Institute in Los Angelis, California to reward blind
students for their proficiency in the use of braille.  Regional
competitions are held around the state from January through March
at the beginning of each year.  The Florida Instructional
Materials Center for the Visually Impaired located in Tampa
coordinates each competition.  They need volunteers to run the
event by helping with tasks like guiding students all day and
passing out refreshments during the morning and afternoon
sessions.  If you would like to volunteer at this event, please
let me know and I will put you in touch with Sue Glaser.  Thank
you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Roanna Bacchus