[NFBF-L] AppleVis Newsletter] AppleVis World Cup of the Decade: Apple Edition - Vote Now

PLipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 27 14:37:16 UTC 2019

From: support at applevis.com <support at applevis.com> On Behalf Of The AppleVis Editorial Team
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2019 3:22 AM
Subject: [AppleVis Newsletter] AppleVis World Cup of the Decade: Apple Edition - Vote Now

 <https://www.applevis.com/newsletters/applevis-world-cup-decade-apple-edition-vote-now>
Click here to view this message on the web.

Hello from the Team at AppleVis.

We are excited to announce that the AppleVis World Cup of Apple Products has kicked off, and we invite you to help us select the top Apple product of the past decade.

Our World Cup is contested by what we believe to have been the 16 most significant Apple products launched since 2010.

Our list is completely subjective, made up of hardware, software, and services. With only 16 qualifiers, there are some notable omissions - there’s no desktop Mac, only one Apple Watch, no standalone software products, no Apple TV or iPod touch, and no Beats headphones or speakers. You might also find your own favorite iPhone or MacBook failed to make the cut.

Format and Rules

Our World Cup will take place over four days beginning December 27, 2019; with one round each day. Each round will consist of pairs of products in a knockout format, with the winners progressing to the next round. The pairings will be drawn at random, so expect some tough choices and a few interesting pairings.

Voting is open to all visitors to the AppleVis website; we encourage you to come back each day to see which products have progressed, and to participate in each round of voting.

The vote will close each day at 23:59 PST.

The Qualifiers

As mentioned above, the qualifiers are what we believe to have been the most significant new Apple products of the past decade, in the context of the times they were released or their significance in the evolution of a product line. For example, the iPhone 11 can objectively be considered the most advanced iPhone of the decade, but earlier models may have provided a comparatively greater advancement when released. As such, we encourage you to consider this when casting your votes.

We hope you find this a light-hearted opportunity to have your say, as well as to reflect on Apple’s decade of new products.

Here are the 16 Apple products which have made it to the first round of our World Cup:

*	AirPods (2016) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AirPods>
*	Apple Music (2015) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Music>
*	Apple Pay (2014) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pay>
*	Apple Watch Series 3 (2017) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Watch_Series_3>
*	iOS 7 (2013) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_7>
*	iPad (2010) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad>
*	iPad Air (2013) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Air>
*	iPad Pro (2018) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad_Pro>
*	iPadOS (2019) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPadOS>
*	iPhone 4 (2010) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_4>
*	iPhone 6 Plus (2014) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_6>
*	iPhone 8 (2017) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_8>
*	iPhone X (2017) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_X>
*	MacBook Air (2013) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air>
*	MacBook Pro (2015) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro>
*	MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2016) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Pro>

You can make your selections for the current round of matches at www.applevis.com/blog/applevis-world-cup-decade-apple-edition-vote-now <https://www.applevis.com/blog/applevis-world-cup-decade-apple-edition-vote-now>

Be sure to check back each day to find out what’s progressed to the next round.

Happy voting and best wishes for 2020!

The AppleVis Editorial Team

www.applevis.com <https://www.applevis.com>

Follow AppleVis on Twitter <https://twitter.com/#!/AppleVis>