[NFBF-L] Accessibility Boutiques | National Federation of the Blind

DENISE VALKEMA valkemadenise at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 15:33:32 UTC 2020

Accessibility Boutiques
Accessibility boutiques are workshops presented by our access technology experts that provide introductions to accessibility best practices and the latest trends in access tech.

The accessibility boutiques are offered by the National Federation of the Blind at no cost to Maryland citizens with support from the state of Maryland through the Nonvisual Accessibility Initiative grant administered by the Maryland Department of Disabilities.

Registration
Register for one or more accessibility boutiques today.

Upcoming Boutiques
Web Accessibility on a Budget
Wednesday, October 28
2:00–3:30 p.m. ET
Zoom Teleconference

As more activities move online, it is increasingly important for businesses to have accessible content. Fortunately, you don’t need a full turn-key solution that costs tens of thousands of dollars. There are many free or low-cost resources to help you evaluate and remediate the accessibility of your website. In this boutique, we will cover:

Free and low-cost resources for web accessibility training
Free tools to scan specific pages of your site for accessibility
Low-cost ways to scan an entire site
How to get started with manual accessibility testing
Register today!

To Join

https://zoom.us/j/7726631896
Meeting ID: 772 663 1896
One Tap Mobile: +13017158592,,7726631896#US (Germantown) or +13126266799,,7726631896#US (Chicago)
Phone: +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown), +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago), +1 646 876 9923 US (New York), +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma), +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston), +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose), or +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aexmvhciW8
Join by Skype for Business: https://zoom.us/skype/7726631896
Learning Management Systems
Tuesday, November 17
2:00–3:30 p.m. ET
Zoom Teleconference

Originally, online learning management systems (LMS) were used almost exclusively in higher education. Today, they are ubiquitous in all levels of education. Join the NFB’s access technology team to learn about four of the most commonly used systems. We will discuss the accessibility of the following:

Canvas
Blackboard
Desire2Learn
Google Classroom
While you may not have direct input into which LMS your school (or your child’s school) uses, we will offer some talking points that may be useful in advocating for change and speaking to school administrators about accessibility and why it is important.

You will receive a Zoom meeting link approximately twenty-four hours before the event. Register today!

Tips and Tools for an Accessible Smart Home
Tuesday, December 15
2:00–3:30 p.m. ET
Zoom Teleconference

As technology rapidly advances, its integration into our lives is becoming more common. The idea of a “smart home” is becoming less science fiction and more of a reality. This boutique will cover accessible smart home devices like:

Security systems
Appliances
In-home applications
Entertainment systems
You will receive a Zoom meeting link approximately twenty-four hours before the event. Register today!

More Information
For more information about our accessibility boutiques, please call 410-659-9314, option 5, or email access at nfb.org.

https://www.nfb.org/programs-services/center-excellence-nonvisual-access/trainings/accessibility-boutiques

Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida
(305)972-8529
president at nfbflorida.org
www.nfbflorida.org
Follow us @nfbflorida