[NFBF-L] [NFBF-Leaders] Fwd: Diabetes Testing Supplies and Talking Glucose Monitors

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Mar 2 00:55:37 UTC 2022

This is a very complicated issue. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you may be restricted on where you can obtain diabetes testing supplies that your insurance will cover. The company my insurance changed to now charges a co-pay of $30 per month for test strips (testing up to four times per day). Every two years, I am entitled to a new blood glucose monitor under the Medicare rules, but there is now a $25 co-pay for the monitor, when it used to be free. My insurance company now uses Edgepark for their diabetes testing supplies and monitors.

If you want to go outside of insurance, Amazon actually sells the Prodigy kit, a lancet and test strips for about $20-25. Test strips can be anywhere from $30-50, depending on how many strips you need per month. I am not sure if this is helpful at all.

Sincerely,

Camille Tate

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

2nd Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of Florida