[NFBF-L] Join the Great Gathering In = Today, January 30th at 5:00 PM on Zoom

russell at radiorusty.com russell at radiorusty.com
Mon Jan 30 16:58:45 UTC 2023

Hello Again Florida Federation Family,

I am pasting below some information I had received about connecting with the
Great Gathering In later today.

Hope that the links can allow you to listen in and find out what your
Florida Delegation is hearing in person while they are here in Washington
DC.

Warmly,

Russ Davis, Legislative Director

NFB of Florida

Ph. 904-993-8433

Major Advocacy Event Next Week: Join Us! (CC and Spanish Available)

There's a chill in the air, a new Congress on the hill, and hundreds of
blind people about to travel to D.C. It's time for the National Federation
of the Blind 2023 Washington Seminar!

This year's Washington Seminar officially gets underway on Monday, January
30 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time with the Great Gathering-In, our annual opening
session of Federation members from all across the country to discuss our
legislative priorities for the year. Please join us.

Review the fact sheets for the each of the three issues and the full 2023
Washington Seminar agenda with Zoom details at nfb.org/washington-seminar.

Zoom Details for the Great Gathering-In

The Zoom platform includes closed captions and Spanish interpretation. Join
the Zoom Meeting before 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time to catch commentary from the
Nation's Blind Podcast hosts, Anil Lewis and Melissa Riccobono.

https://zoom.us/j/94281893953

One tap mobile:+13017158592,,94281893953#

1CapApp: https://ennis.1capapp.com/event/nfb

Your Story Makes a Difference-Yes, You!

Get involved by sharing your experiences. Washington Seminar kicks off our
legislative agenda for the year. We need change in a set of priorities, and
your stories will make change-not only now, but throughout the year.

.             Website and Software Accessibility - share your experiences
navigating online spaces.

.             Inaccessible Medical Devices - what medical device(s) do you
currently use that isn't accessible, and what is the impact on your life and
those of your family and friends?

.             Social Security Disability Insurance - have you held back from
advancing your career, due to the fear of losing benefits?

More stories means more progress. Tell us about you and one or more of the
above topics. Please email story at nfb.org <mailto:story at nfb.org>  or leave a
voice message at 2444. Stories will be highlighted in communications such as
social media, publications, and emails.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

Unsubscribe | Opt Out |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter