[NFBF-L] Sunrise and Shine for Thursday, June 22nd at 9:00 AM - Convention fever is in the air

russell at radiorusty.com russell at radiorusty.com
Mon Jun 19 18:11:17 UTC 2023

Good afternoon Sunrise and Shine Faithful!

I hope you will be able to join us on this week’s Sunrise and Shine with NFB-NEWSLINE. We are going to have lots of fun reviewing what’s happening at the  national annual conventions for both the National Federation of the Blind and the American Council of the Blind. As many might be aware, but some may not, both organizations will be kicking off  their yearly extravaganzas within the next week or so, with the NFB meeting in Houston and the ACB gathering in Schaumburg, Illinois. Now seemed like the perfect time for ‘Rise and Shine to explore them both. NFB-NEWSLINE will, of course,  provide lots of great info on both events too, so we’ll spend some time exploring where to find just what you are looking for.

One of my favorite things to do at any convention is to hang out in the exhibit hall area, so of course during our Zoom call this coming Thursday morning we’ll dig into who will be on hand in Texas and in Illinois. We might even have a visit from some of the vendors this week, (I’d be happy to learn about show specials. I’d be thrilled too if some early bird deals were tossed our way.

If you haven’t been to one of our calls before, joining us at 9:00 AM for coffee tea or leftover birthday cake will give you a chance to find out what you’ve been missing. We always take time for welcoming new guest speakers and participants and for lots of warmth and laughter.

Most of us have become pretty familiar with attending meetings using the Zoom platform over the past couple of years and in fact, we’ve been using Zoom since we launched Rise and Shine way back on April 16th 2020. If you’re not used to using Zoom or if it’s still giving you difficulties, don’t give up just yet. You can access the meeting by clicking on he below listed web link, by using the one tap mobile feature or by dialing the phone number provided and entering the access code when prompted.

The regulars on our call are always warm and welcoming and are thrilled to see new faces.

Hope to have you with us Thursday morning, see below for the Zoom info.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the call. Check the bottom of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions.

Russ Davis, Coordinator

   NFB Newsline of Florida

ph. 904-993-8433 (mobile)

Email: Russell at radiorusty.com <mailto:Russell at radiorusty.com>

NFB Newsline of Florida is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline

Date/Time: Thursday, June 22nd, 2023 9:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/96184895393

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,96184895393# US (New York)

Direct dial access phone number

+1 646 876 9923

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393