[NFBF-L] Eleventh Circuit Affirms Decision to Preliminarily Block Unlawful "Stop W.O.K.E." Censorship Law

MARILYN BALDWIN commmdb at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 04:05:50 UTC 2023

In my post, I ment to say, please do not take your right to vote in all Elections for granted. You must get out to vote ,as if your very life depends on it. My friends our rights and freedoms can and are at great risk of being lost. Because of the ADA and the Civil Rights act, we all have opportunities to live a life, with choices that we make about our Education and where we will work, worship, and enjoy life to the fullness. Use your right to vote and make your voices heard.

I never thought that our students could loose the right to read books of interest to them. We now face book censorship in our school libraries. Teachers cannot truly talk about Black History and the Diversity and Inclusion departments in Colleges and Universities in our state are going to be removed. Those employed by K-12 schools,  and with the State University system could loose their jobs if they make people feel uncomfortable. This is a disaster, how much further will the Governor and our State Elected Officers go, in all this? Where does it all end, after our Constitutional rights are all gone. We must stand up now, and write to the members of our Florida Legislature with our issues and concerns. Next they will begin to take away our rights as blind people, and persons with disabilities. Transportation , Rehabilitation, Education, and Employment  could all be up for grabs down the road, if we do not remain watchful.

I urge you, to please think about and study the bills being passed during this 2023 Legislative Session. Register to vote, or renew your Registration as quickly as possible. Listen and pray for love and understanding for all people in our state. Black History and DEI are both very important for our students here in Florida. May we have peace and Justice for all now and in the future. We must stand on the side of truth and freedom for all citizens of Florida and the United States. Progress has been made, let us not go back, we can move forward, working together for a better future for everyone.

Sincerely,
Marilyn Baldwin
Chairman
Diversity Committee
NFBF
(407)810-0554

Please forgive me for any errors in this post.

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 21, 2023, at 9:19 PM, Mark Tardif via NFBF-L <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>

> Very well said, your life does depend on it.  I don’t care if you have to hitch a ride to the polling place, register and vote.  In fact, as a New Englander, I would recommend that you members of the Florida affiliate consider moving up here.  I am absolutely serious, and I must sound very partisan, but you may be prisoners in your state if the legislature and Desatan, and I think that name is very well put, keep pushing the way they are.  Sorry to sound so extreme, but your state is in serious trouble.
>
> Mark Tardif
> Nuclear arms will not hold you.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/marion.gwizdala%40veriz
>>> o