[NFBF-L] Career Connect Webinar Featuring Prominent Deaf Blind Individual

Alicia Betancourt licib85 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 22:04:33 UTC 2023

Join the team at APH CareerConnect for our very popular Career Conversations Series. APH ConnectCenter staff will welcome, introduce, and engage with Scott Davert, Coordinator, Technology, Research, and Innovation Center, housed at the Helen Keller National Center. Scott is deafblind and will be discussing how he has navigated through his careers and what he currently is working on at the Technology, Research and Innovation Center.

Join us when Scott steps onto the Career Conversations stage through zoom. The interview will begin with a discussion on how our featured professional started out and ended up in their career, including how confidence, determination and self-advocacy played a role throughout his successful employment journey.

The remainder of the hour-long session will provide an opportunity for Transition age students and curious job seekers to follow up with choice career related questions. Registered attendees including young adults, job seekers, teachers, rehabilitation professionals and parents can engage with our guest through real time Q&A networking by practicing informational interviewing skills.

https://aph.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_sG2A7W6TQ_ig7MYIhtM6Xw?fbclid=IwAR1HMD9RT_WLPFw_9j3jg3-FbujrrI9HV3hQSPDRnYTLok4puZugNXg16Fg#/registration