[NFBF-L] I Need Your Help at our upcoming NFB National Convention - We all can win!

russell at radiorusty.com russell at radiorusty.com
Sun Mar 24 23:07:31 UTC 2024

Hello Florida Federation Family,

We are moving ever closer to our upcoming 84th annual National Federation of
the Blind convention, being held in Orlando July 3rd - 8th.

With the Federation's premier annual event returning to the Sunshine State,
your Florida Affiliate has been given the honor of serving as host to all of
the other Affiliates and Divisions. This is indeed a tremendous privilege
and honor, and we are embracing this unique opportunity.

Our responsibilities include such things as hosting an information table,
hospitality suite and, (my personal favorite), a Florida table in the
gigantic exhibit hall. Having an Affiliate table at our National Convention
isn't always an easy thing to tackle when conventions are out of State, but
with the 2024 gathering returning to our own backyard, we have a golden
opportunity to represent Florida and to have fun with some fund raising
activities.

With around 20 hours of time available to us in the Orange County Convention
Centers massive exhibit space, we're going to need help from all of our
Chapters and Divisions. I'd love to tell you that your Board of Directors
could handle all of the staffing needs, but, and I'm sure you understand
why,  that's just not possible. We'll all need to pull together to make our
time at the Florida table a big success.

Soon, I'll be reaching out to Chapters and Divisions to fill available time
slots. While your Chapter or Division is working a particular slot, you'll
also have an opportunity to do your own fund raising with the huge crowds
that are always present. We'll make an effort to allow everyone to have time
in the Convention Center before giving second chances to those who are extra
excited about the chance to raise funds for Florida and for themselves.

As of this time, it looks like the Exhibit Hall will be open:

Thursday, July 4th - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Friday, July 5th - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Saturday, July 6th - 12:00 PM - 1:45 PM and 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM.

Yes, I'm surprised to not see any Sunday hours, but apparently that's where
we currently stand.

If you'd like to get ahead of the curve and beat the crowds to the prime
volunteer time slots, please reach out to me and I will start putting the
schedule together.

I remember working in the Florida table in years past and will tell you, it
turned out to be a lot of fun. It gave me the chance to work with fellow
Chapter members and to meet Federationist from all over the country. It
didn't hurt that I got to help the Affiliate and my own local Chapter make a
bucket full of money to help support and grow our organization.

Hope to hear from you soon and thanks in advance for your willingness to
help.

Very Respectfully,

Russ Davis, Board Member

Ph., 904-993-8433