[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [Chapter-Presidents] NFB Seniors Divisions and Groups - Our December Calendar - Please, for your Chapter Seniors

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Mon Dec 2 21:37:02 UTC 2019

For our interested seniors.

From: Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Robert Leslie Newman via Chapter-Presidents
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 3:59 PM
To: 'NFB Chapter Presidents discussion list' <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Robert Leslie Newman <robertleslienewman at gmail.com>
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] NFB Seniors Divisions and Groups - Our December Calendar - Please, for your Chapter Seniors

Dear Fellow NFB Leaders - Chapter Presidents

Being a member of a local chapter is one of the super best opportunities to learn from and help other blind people. The NFB is where you need to be to ... live the life you want! And for some of us having the chance to interact with additional NFB connections like an affiliate level division can be a real boost to our lives.

We in the newly established Network of NFB Seniors Divisions and Groups want all seniors within our Federation family to have the chance to know that there are some very active affiliate level Seniors Divisions and/ or groups available to visit and if desirable, join; along with maintaining their local chapter connection!

At present, there are 16 active affiliate level Seniors Divisions, 2 Groups; with 4 additional affiliates who wish to create one.

Note: There are 7 of these Seniors Divisions, and 1 Group, who meet monthly via the phone! Much like our NFB At Large Chapters. Below is our December Calendar listing out which divisions and groups who are meeting this month; providing dates, call-in numbers, and some provide the topic to be covered. This calendar comes out each month.

For more about the NFB Seniors Division (this is the national level group) and to find more out about the affiliate divisions and groups, go to our website: http://seniors.nfb.org

**Here is the December Calendar:

December 2019 Calendar of Seniors Phone and Face-to-face Meetings

*Dec. 5th (Set Day- First Thursday of the month) You are invited to our next meeting of the Florida Senior Group- You do not need to be a senior to take part. As always, we value your questions, your energy, and your open mind.
 Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Phone: 712-775-7031
Access code: 488500#

*Dec. 9th (Set Day- Second Monday of the month) NFB of Maryland Seniors Issues – All Are Welcome
Time: 10:00 a.m. ET
Phone: 1-515-603-3166
Access code: 759633#

*Dec. 9th (Set Day- Second Monday of the month) The NFB of Nebraska Senior Division - Visitors Are Welcome
Time:7:00 to 8:30 p.m. CT
 Phone: (712) 451-0011
Access code: 345154#

Topic: A Nebraska sharing of holiday traditions, favorite dish, etc. And sure, anyone can come into the call and share their family seasonal delights, and/or oddities!

*Dec. 12th (Set Day- Second Thursday of the month; excluding July) NFB of Alabama invites you to our upcoming meeting. We welcome all ages; members and non-members.
Time: 7:00 p.m. CT
Phone: 863-999-2432
Access code: 813429#

*Dec. 15th (set Day- Third Sunday of the month) The NFB of Ohio Senior Division invites you to join our Sharing Solutions monthly teleconference. You do not need to be a senior to participate.
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Phone: (712) 775-7031
Access Code: 240281423

*Dec. 16th HOLIDAY CANCELATION! (Set Day- Third Monday of the month; excluding Jul., Aug., “Dec.) NFB of New Jersey's Senior Division NJASB - All are Welcome
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Phone: 1 605 468 8005
Access code: 460994#

*Dec. 17th HOLIDAY CANCELATION! (Set Day- Third Tuesday of the month; excluding December) NFB of Georgia Seniors Division, all are welcome
Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
Phone: (712) 775-7085
Access code: 951866#

*Dec. 23rd HOLIDAY CANCELATION! (Set Day- Fourth Monday of the month; excluding Nov. nor Dec.) NFB of Kansas Seniors Division – All Are Welcome
Time: 7:00 p.m. CT
Phone: (916) 235-1420
Access code: 879925#

*Dec. 25th HOLIDAY CANCELATION! (Set Day- Fourth Wednesday of the month) NFB of Virginia Seniors Division – All Are Welcome
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Phone: (605) 472-5481
Access code: 304571#