[NFBF-Melbourne] SCAT Website Accessibility

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Tue Jun 18 01:08:28 UTC 2019

Greetings Members:

This morning I attended the Local Coordinating Board for the Transportation
Disadvantaged meeting. I serve on this board as a Citizens Advocate. One of
the items on the agenda today was website and app accessibility for Space
Coast Area Transit. Making this platform accessible has been a priority for
SCAT. There was a video presentation by the marketing group that worked on
the project.

As of this date, the website is accessible, using W3G accessibility
standards (most of us are not familiar with the terminology, but it is the
gold standard for web accessibility). We, as disabled consumers, are asked
to visit the website and use the app to determine if it is truly accessible.
The video presentation showed JAWS interacting with the website, so I hope
it is truly usable by the blind.

I encourage all of you to take a look at the below website or use the app on
your smartphone to ensure its usability. The website and app are supposed to
function identically. Here is the below access information:

Website: 321transit.com

In the app store or Google Play store: Space Coast

If you do not have the app currently, please visit the App Store or Google
Play Store to download the app.

If you find accessibility issues, please contact:

Accessibility at 321transit.com <mailto:Accessibility at 321transit.com>

It takes us as the user to affect change for all.

Thank you,