[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] Fwd: [Community-service] MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE SUGGESTIONS

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Tue May 14 12:58:59 UTC 2019

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Tekesha Saffold via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 8:51 AM
To: nfbf-palm-beach at nfbnet.org; NFB Number <nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Tekesha Saffold <tnsaffold82 at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] Fwd: [Community-service] MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE SUGGESTIONS

Thanks,

Tekesha Saffold

President of the National Federation of the Blind of Palm Beach

Consumer Advocate and Consultant of the Palm Beaches

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jeanetta price via Community-Service <community-service at nfbnet.org <mailto:community-service at nfbnet.org> >
Date: May 13, 2019 at 11:54:15 PM EDT
To: Listserv <community-service at nfbnet.org <mailto:community-service at nfbnet.org> >
Cc: Jeanetta price <price.jeanetta at gmail.com <mailto:price.jeanetta at gmail.com> >

As we plan our Memorial Day holiday, consider a few simple and inexpensive ways that you and your family can serve the military and their families. Taking a few minutes from a hectic schedule to show appreciation and kindness to someone serving our country will not only bless you, it will also pay tribute to those who have gone before us and made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. We could all use an extra dose of kindness and appreciation these days, wouldn't you agree?

Don't let perfection get in the way of progress. Jump in and try one or more of these suggestions or come up with your own plan!

Volunteering to place flags on grave sites

Reach out to a military family in your community

Extend a hand in friendship to a military family. Invite them over for a meal, bring them a meal or invite them out for dinner. Something as simple as running an errand or taking a walk together can forge a friendship.

Invite a service member over for a holiday meal or celebration.

When I served in the Army, the holidays away et more information.

Visit an older veteran or wounded vet

Contact a nursing home or a veterans hospital. A visit can brighten a day and help a veteran to know they are not forgotten. The Walter Reed National Military Center <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walter-Reed-National-Military-Medical-Center/295857217111107?fref=ts>  has a Facebook  <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Walter-Reed-National-Military-Medical-Center/295857217111107?fref=ts> page that provides inspiration and ideas.

Put it in writing

Write a letter of thanks to a military family, those currently in the service or a veteran through Operation Appreciation <https://www.bluestarfam.org/strengthen/operation-appreciation>  and Blue Star Families <https://www.bluestarfam.org/> . This organization was founded to connect the civilian population with military families as a bridge to help make military life more sustainable.

Sent from my iPhone