[NFBF-Melbourne] Weekend Devotion: (Sat., July 4, 2020) Seek Wisdom From Above!

Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 05:02:09 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone!    Praise the Lord!  Be encouraged today knowing that God is
the source of all wisdom!  The Bible tells us in Job 12:12-13 that “With the
ancient is wisdom; and in length of days understanding; and 13  With him is
wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding”.  So let us, like
Solomon, stay connected to the source and ask God for wisdom.  “Wisdom is
the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get
understanding.”  (Prov. 4:7).  Make sure that when we ask for wisdom that we
are seeking heavenly wisdom from above For the Lord gives wisdom: from His
mouth comes knowledge and understanding.  He layeth up sound wisdom for the
righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly”. (Prov. 2:6-7.
The scriptures also tell us that all wisdom does not descend from above.
Let’s take a look at James 3:14  through 18:  “But if ye have bitter envying
and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.15
“This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish”.
16  “For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil
work”.  17  But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable,
gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without
partiality, and without hypocrisy; and finally 18  And the fruit of
righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace”.  Therefore, we must
be careful then how we live, not as unwise, but wise making the most of
every opportunity because the days are evil (Ephesians 5:15-16). The Bible
tells us in the book of James 1:5 that   If any of you lack wisdom, let him
ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally or generously, and upbraideth
not; and it shall be given him.    Verse 6 states “But let him ask in faith,
nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with
the wind and tossed”.  Verse 7  “For let not that man think that he shall
receive any thing of the Lord”.  And Finally Verse 8 tells us that “A double
minded man is unstable in all his ways”.    So let us not waiver or be toss
to and fro, but receive wisdom from God that will sustain us and keep us
during these uncertain times.  Matt. 6:33 assures us that if we seek ye
first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, all of these things will be
added unto us.

Lord, thank you for your wisdom that is much better than silver and gold!
Proverbs 19:8  ¶He that getteth wisdom loveth his own soul: he that keepeth
understanding shall find good”.

God bless,

Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, MSCC

Communities of Faith Committee Member