[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [Chapter-Presidents] October Calendar of Senior Divisions and Group Meetings

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Thu Oct 1 13:37:14 UTC 2020

From: Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of Robert Leslie Newman via Chapter-Presidents
Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2020 9:28 AM
To: NFB Senior Division list <nfb-seniors at nfbnet.org>; 'NFB Chapter
Presidents discussion list' <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Robert Leslie Newman <robertleslienewman at gmail.com>
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] October Calendar of Senior Divisions and Group
Meetings

Hi You All

Attached and pasted in below, find the listing of NFB and other scheduled
virtual meetings being held for blind seniors.

October 2020 Calendar of Seniors Meetings

*Oct. 1st (Set Day- First or second Thursday of the month)

Idaho Senior Division - All are Welcome

We have several methods for meeting, however, for now, all of us are only
meeting by phone! And we are all praying for you!

Seniors from the Treasure Valley Chapter, in Boise, meet the first, or
second Thursday at noon for lunch. Other seniors around the state join in on
the Idaho Gems Phone Chapter, which meets on the first Monday of the month.

Contact Person: President: Vel Slotten

Phone- 208-345-1018

*Oct. 2nd (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

NFB of Arizona Senior Division - All are Welcome

We are starting a weekly Zoom meeting for seniors!

Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm

Topic: SAAVI is offering an opportunity for seniors to meet from throughout
Arizona. An opportunity to discuss issues of importance like tips and tricks
for living with blindness; resources; just sharing experiences and insight.

If you have difficulty accessing Zoom either by phone or computer, please
phone me prior to the meeting and we will make efforts to work it out.

Connie Leblond

480-489-1247

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/193756810

Meeting ID: 193 756 810

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,193756810# US (San Jose)

+12532158782,,193756810# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Meeting ID: 193 756 810

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abldPRvMJR

*Oct. 2nd (Set Day- First Friday of the month)

Maryland Seniors monthly call : sponsored by, Blind Industries and Services
of Maryland - All are Welcome

Brian Holley and Sondra Burchette are the facilitators

Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET

Phone: 1-605-313-4818

Access code: 720125#

One Tab:

6053134818,, 720125#

*Oct. 8th (Set Day- Second Thursday of the month; Excluding July)

NFB of Alabama - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 pm CT

Join Zoom Meeting

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__zoom.us_j_2516565165
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__zoom.us_j_2516565165&d
=DwIFaQ&c=8K0mnSt5E4j4U_dMGxZxbA&r=_L4bKYnv4QktSNJ09e14_uq2_XDawso8Ej_l7szrH
I4&m=D9IW0Xg7GyxMDXyia784s64YF5ZB-qXXryUYN6rs6-0&s=3rNM25RGKm61X_jgMDXfqQbgi
yraJKfzSCmtuoDoa2U&e=>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=8K0mnSt5E4j4U_dMGxZxbA&r=_L4bKYnv4QktSNJ09e14_uq2_XDawso8Ej_l7sz
rHI4&m=D9IW0Xg7GyxMDXyia784s64YF5ZB-qXXryUYN6rs6-0&s=3rNM25RGKm61X_jgMDXfqQb
giyraJKfzSCmtuoDoa2U&e=

Meeting ID: 251 656 5165

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,2516565165#

Dial In

+16468769923

Meeting ID:

2516565165#

*Oct. 3rd (Special Event- Annual Business Meeting)

Florida Senior Group - All are Welcome

Time: 4:00 to 5:00 PM. ET

Topic: Because of the Fiftieth Anniversary NFBF Convention which will take
place in a few days, we will not be holding our usual Senior Concerns
conference call, which would have been scheduled for October 1. This month,
the NFBF Seniors Concerns Committee meeting will take place as part of that
exciting convention! We will have a special guest from the Tampa Police
Department who will talk about crime prevention and safety. You will not
want to miss this meeting.

We will be using Zoom and will have a link to join the meeting using your
computer or smartphone, and there will also be a phone number if you would
rather dial in from your home phone. I will send the link and number out as
soon as I have them. After that time, feel free to call or text me if you
have any questions.

As always, you do not need to be a senior to take part. This topic should be
of interest to everyone.

Remember that we value your questions, your energy, and your open mind.

Gloria Mills Hicks, Senior Concerns Committee Chairperson

813 340-9754

*Oct. 9th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

[...]

*Oct. 12th (Set Day- Second Monday of the month; Excluding July)

NFB of Nebraska Senior Division - Visitors are Welcome

Time: 7:00 to 8:30 pm CT

Phone: 712-451-0011

Access code: 345154#

Dialing in from a smartphone? Use this shortcut: 7124510011,,345154#

Topic: Making final preparations for our annual business meeting during
Nebraska's state convention; Friday, Oct. 24th.

*Oct. 12th (Set Day, Second Monday of the month; Excluding July)

New Mexico, Senior Action Group Energy (SAGE) - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 pm MT

Topic: Senior Division and chapter at large Zoom Meeting. This month we will
be entertaining Ruth Sager. She is currently the President of the National
Federation of the Blind Senior Division and we can say as an older blind
Federationist she really knows her stuff. You do not have to be a senior to
join us. All are welcome. The bottom line is to come and enjoy her words of
wisdom.

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/98587470019

Meeting ID: 985 8747 0019

One tap mobile

+13462487799,,98587470019# US (Houston)

+14086380968,,98587470019# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

Meeting ID: 985 8747 0019

*Oct. 16th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

 <https://zoom.us/j/193756810> https://zoom.us/j/193756810

Meeting ID: 193 756 810

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,193756810# US (San Jose)

+12532158782,,193756810# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

Meeting ID: 193 756 810

Find your local number:  <https://zoom.us/u/abldPRvMJR>
https://zoom.us/u/abldPRvMJR

*Oct. 18th (Set Day- third Sunday of the month)

NFB of Ohio Senior Division - All are Welcome

Join our Sharing Solutions monthly teleconference.

Time: 7:00 pm ET

Phone: 712-775-7031

Access Code: 240281423#

Dialing in from a smartphone? Use this shortcut: 7127757031,,240281423#

Topic: Finding resources from medical supplies to blindness skills We will
share what we know and what we are looking for.

*Oct. 18th (Special Event- Annual Business Meeting)

NFB of Arizona Senior Division - All are Welcome

Time: 2 to 4 PM

Topic: The Senior Division of the NFB of Arizona is planning to hold its'
business meeting! This means you get to vote! We will be holding elections
for all board positions. To vote, you have to had paid your dues. Then
following elections, we will discuss the coming year and activities we want
to embark upon. Your participation is needed and welcome. Please feel free
to contact me and leave me a message or e-mail me. I work Monday thru
Friday, but I am good at returning calls.

Phone# 480-489-1247

See you on the Zoom link! Zoom link forthcoming as it gets closer to the
meeting.

*Oct. 18th (The 2020 Virtual Senior Retreat begins on this date, concluding
on Saturday the 24th. It is not open for visitors; participants had to
register by September 30th, and pay an entrance fee. Soon recordings of the
classes will be available to be listened to on the NFB Seniors Division's
website http://seniors.nfb.org)

*Oct. 19th (Set Day- Third Monday of the month; Excluding July, August,
December)

NFB of New Jersey Senior Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 pm ET

Topic: NFBNJ Senior Division Conference Call

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=cDgrOFphTUlRWlZ1RDZ2UUVBNUVaQT09>
https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=cDgrOFphTUlRWlZ1RDZ2UUVBNUVaQT09

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Passcode: 877 775

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,6477660103# US (New York)

+13017158592,,6477660103# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Find your local number:  <https://zoom.us/u/ad8YDkg3rO>
https://zoom.us/u/ad8YDkg3rO

Join by Skype for Business

 <https://zoom.us/skype/6477660103> https://zoom.us/skype/6477660103

*Oct. 20th (Set Day- Third Tuesday of the month; Excluding December)

NFB of Georgia Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 8:00 pm ET

Phone: 712-775-7085

Access code: 951866#

Dialing in from a smartphone? Use this shortcut: 7127757085,,951866#

*Oct. 24th (Special Event, Nebraska State convention; 23-25)

NFB of Nebraska Senior Division - Visitors are Welcome

Time: 10:00 to 12:00 am CT

Phone: Zoom numbers will be posted soon!

Topic: Our annual business meeting. Special guests: Peggy Chong, the History
Lady; Duncan Larsen; to inform us on the senior program at the Colorado
Center for the Blind; and election of officers.

*Oct. 27th (Set Day- Fourth Tuesday of the month; Excluding November,
December)

NFB of Kansas Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 pm CT

Phone: 916-235-1420

Access code: 879925#

Second code: 25463#

Dialing in from a smartphone? Use this shortcut: 9162351420,,879925#,,25463#

*Oct. 28th (Set Day- Fourth Wednesday of the month)

NFB of Virginia Seniors Division - All Are Welcome.

Time: 7:00 pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345> https://zoom.us/j/8297256345

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,8297256345# US (New York)

+13126266799,,8297256345# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 253 215 8782 US

+1 301 715 8592 US

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

Find your local number:  <https://zoom.us/u/aMMe6BNKN>
https://zoom.us/u/aMMe6BNKN

*Oct. 30rd (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

[...]

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

NFBN Senior Division, President

NFB Seniors Division, Second Vice President

NFBN Omaha Chapter, Secretary