[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] A heartfelt thank you and a commitment...

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Thu Oct 8 15:51:57 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell
Davis via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:03 AM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org; nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] A heartfelt thank you and a commitment...

Good morning to all my Federation family,

Our Golden Anniversary NFB of Florida State Convention is now a few days
behind us, and it seems like I'm still catching up on emails and other items
of importance related to all the happenings  occurring over the long
weekend. One of the truly important emails that I needed to send out is this
one.

During Sundays General Session, elections for our Affiliates Board of
Directors were held, and I was honored and humbled with the opportunity to
serve on our Board for a two year term. I know and appreciate that the
responsibility I have been given comes with a great deal of trust on your
part. You have the right to expect from me hard work, dedication to the
mission and vision of our proud organization, and a high degree of
integrity. I will work extremely  diligently to fulfill and exceed all of
your expectations.

Dr. Jacobus tenBroek reminded us, in writings and speeches,  that our local
NFB chapters are the foundation of our organization. I came to the NFB, like
most others did, through my home Chapter. The Greater Jacksonville Chapter,
has lifted me up and taught me what it means to be a Federationist since my
first interactions with them at  our local community picnics. Thank you so
much, my Greater Jacksonville family, our work together continues and I will
try my best to make you proud to call me one of your own.

Joining this wonderful family just a few short years ago has brought me
opportunities and experiences I could have never imagined. I am full of
excitement for our Affiliate and can hardly wait to see what the future
brings. Again, thank you all so much for the love and support shown to me
over these past several years.

Together, let's go build The National Federation of the Blind!

With true respect and gratitude,

Russ Davis,

NFB of Florida, Board of Directors,

NFB of Florida Newsline, Coordinator,

Greater Jacksonville Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Florida, Treasurer,

Ph. 904-993-8433

Email: Russell at radiorusty.com <mailto:Russell at radiorusty.com>