[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-L] The not as late as last weeks late edition - Sunrise and Shine, Thursday September 24th - Dialing for Newsline, a different approach...

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Sep 23 23:07:05 UTC 2020

From: NFBF-L <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell Davis via NFBF-L
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:50 PM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org; nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] The not as late as last weeks late edition - Sunrise and Shine, Thursday September 24th - Dialing for Newsline, a different approach...

Good Wednesday evening everyone,

It's time for another installment of Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline, our weekly homegrown gathering with Affiliate members and many regular attendees and special guests. Hopefully by now you've made it to some of our calls and discovered how much fun we all have on Thursday mornings talking about NFB Newsline and sharing and laughing with each other about our life's experiences, past, present and future. I've been told by many that our calls have proven to be a relaxing and enjoyable way to get us through this incredibly crazy 2020, (I don't know if you've heard, but this has been one wild and wacky year).
I've also been told by folks on the weekly meeting that, having guest speakers join us is a true pleasure, (not to mention it gives you all a bit of a break from me. Last week one of our own, Debbie Malone, visited with us and spoke to us about her book "Unlikely Dancer". I hope you had a chance to check it out online. We don't have a special guest for this week, but I am always open to suggestions for guests and topics for our little Thursday calls.

For our Thursday, September 24th, 10:00 a.m. call, I thought it might be fun to try a few tricks with the Amazon Echo smart speaker I have set up in my living room. I had been told by Scott White, our National NFB Newsline director that you can connect to phone numbers and give additional commands to Alexa and Google Home smart speakers by just commanding them to make a call. This trick will work when calling Newsline and when calling other desired numbers, such as Zoom calls. With so many of our meetings taking place on Zoom these days, having one more convenient way to join a meeting, might just make your busy or technology challenged life a bit easier.

We will use the Zoom platform for the call, but if you haven't spent much time on Zoom, don't let that keep you away). There are several different ways to call in, including the familiar conference call method of using your landline or mobile phone to dial a phone number and  access code. I hope that with Sunrise and Shines out of the ordinary time slot , we will get to hear from some of the family and friends we have been missing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the call at our NFB Newsline of Florida toll-free support line. Check the bottom of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions. Looking forward to visiting with you this Thursday. Another big question to answer tomorrow will be, grits or hash-brown potatoes?

Russ Davis, Coordinator
   NFB Newsline of Florida
1-844-827-7371 extension #1
Email: newslinesupport at nfbflorida.org

Join us this Thursday, September 17th at 10:00 a.m. We always have lots of fun on our calls, and the smiles and laughs seem to go on and on,  from start to finish. My question to you is, who spilled the coffee beans about our wonderful weekly call? Apparently during National Convention, word got out to folks all over about how much fun Sunrise and Shine is, and so it wouldn't surprise me  if we have some guests join us from outside of Florida. Let's all welcome them and show them what hospitality from the Sunshine State is all about.

We will use the Zoom platform for the call, but if you haven't spent much time on Zoom, don't let that keep you away). There are several different ways to call in, including the familiar conference call method of using your landline or mobile phone to dial a phone number and  access code. I hope that with Sunrise and Shines out of the ordinary time slot , we will get to hear from some of the family and friends we have been missing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me before the call at our NFB Newsline of Florida toll-free support line. Check the bottom of this email for the Zoom call-in instructions. Looking forward to visiting with you this Thursday. Who’s bringing the grilled cheese sandwiches?.?

Russ Davis, Coordinator
   NFB Newsline of Florida
1-844-827-7371 extension #1
Email: newslinesupport at nfbflorida.org

Newsline is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Sunrise and Shine with NFB Newsline

Date/Time: Thursday, September 24th, 2020 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and
Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/96184895393

Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

One tap mobile

+16468769923,,96184895393# US (New York)

Direct dial access phone number
+1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 961 8489 5393

___________________________________________NFBF-L mailing list