[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: Book Club Meeting Notice

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Mon Aug 16 15:42:26 UTC 2021

From: Camille Tate <ctate2076 at att.net>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2021 11:10 AM
To: nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org; 'NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List'
<nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>
Cc: 'Camille Tate' <ctate2076 at att.net>
Subject: Book Club Meeting Notice

Hi All:

We apologize for the late notification of our monthly Book Club meeting. We
are meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, August 17, at 8 p.m.

This month, we are doing something a little unusual. The text we will talk
about is a speech, but I have found no audio to accompany it. The text will
be attached to this email. In reading Walking Alone and Marching Together, a
history of the National Federation of the Blind, 1940-1990, I came across an
interesting text of a speech given by Kenneth Jernigan during the convention
of the NFB in 1960, Miami, Florida. I have no title for this speech, but you
can find it contained in Chapter 3 of Walking Alone. There are a few ways to
read this book, which is rather long. It is available on BARD; Book Number:
DB31066; Author: Floyd Matson. You may also visit the below link to find the
book on the NFB website:
https://nfb.org//sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/books/wamt/wamt
c.htm
<https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/books/wamt/wamt
c.htm> . The direct link to chapter 3 is:
https://nfb.org//sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/books/wamt/wam0
6.htm
<https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/books/wamt/wam0
6.htm> . In order to find the text, you will have to read Chapter 3.

We hope you will join us! You do not have to read the material to
participate. Come and learn some NFB philosophy, have fun and chat with
fellow Federationists!

Together,

Camille Tate

Denise Valkema is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Book Club
Time: August 17, 2021 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/92344776358

Meeting ID: 923 4477 6358
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,92344776358# US (New York)
+13017158592,,92344776358# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 923 4477 6358

President, Melbourne Space Coast Chapter, National Federation of the Blind,
FL

Board of Directors, National Federation of the Blind, FL

Email: ctate2076 at att.net <mailto:ctate2076 at att.net>