[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-L] Link to Anil Lewis testimony at Sub minimum wages hearing - as promised...

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Jul 28 13:34:25 UTC 2021

From: NFBF-L <nfbf-l-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell Davis via NFBF-L
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 7:19 AM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org; nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] Link to Anil Lewis testimony at Sub minimum wages hearing - as promised...

Good morning everyone,

My apologies for the delay in getting this info out to you all, but the below information is still very relevant. Thanks also to Jada for reminding me to send this out.

On our Legislative Committee meeting last Thursday, we had discussed Anil Lewis’ testimony regarding sub-minimum wages and the long hoped for, phasing out of 14-c certificates. I along with seveal others had watched the hearings live on Wednesday, July 21st and found them vey interesting.

If you would like to echeck out the hearing, it has been archived on the web and is still available for on-demand viewing. The link to the hearing along with Anil’s written statement is listed below in an email from our Advocacy and Policy team in Baltimore.

As mentioned in our meeting last week, there is silence at the beginning of the recording the actual audio content begins at about the 00:08:45 mark.

Hope you find this info as interesting as I did.

Another link for a hearing taking place on July 13th in the House will follow this email. That hearing dealt with the USPS delivery of Free Matter for the Blind issues.

Take good care,

Respectfully,

Russ Davis,

Legislative Director, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

Ph. 904-993-8433