[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [NFBF-Leaders] Link to July 13th US Postal Service appropriations Senate hearing...Free Matter for the Blind mailin issues discuss..

Camille Tate ctate2076 at att.net
Wed Jul 28 13:40:14 UTC 2021

From: NFBF-Leaders <nfbf-leaders-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Russell Davis via NFBF-Leaders
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 7:35 AM
To: nfbf-l at nfbnet.org; nfbf-leaders at nfbnet.org
Cc: Russell Davis <russell at radiorusty.com>
Subject: [NFBF-Leaders] Link to July 13th US Postal Service appropriations Senate hearing...Free Matter for the Blind mailin issues discuss..

Good morning again,

As with the previous email a couple of moments ago, I wanted to get this link back out to you all again.

The Senate hearing dealt with the appropriations request by the US Postal Service Inspector General’s Office and took place on July 13th. The item of interest to most of us would be the testimony by the blind woman from Maryland who was experiencing long delays in receiving Free Matter for the Blind materials. The testimony given was extremely important to hear and I am so glad I took the time to tune into this hearing. I think you will benefit from catching the on-demand recording of the hearing. The link below still works just find.

As I had stated last week during our Legislative Committee meeting, there is a long period of silence at the beginning of the recording. The audio does not pick up until about the 00:20:00 mark.

Take good care everyone and stay safe out there,

Respectfully,

Russ Davis,

Legislative Director, National Federation of the Blind of Florida

Ph. 904-993-8433