[NFBF-Melbourne] FW: [Chapter-Presidents] March Calendar of Meetings for Seniors

ctate2076 at att.net ctate2076 at att.net
Mon Mar 1 15:58:56 UTC 2021

From: Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf
Of Robert Leslie Newman via Chapter-Presidents
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 10:36 AM
To: 0Chapter Presidents List <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Cc: robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] March Calendar of Meetings for Seniors

I         Hi You All

RE: Attached and pasted in below

March 2021 Calendar of Seniors Meetings

JAWS Users- Insert+F6 will give you a HEADINGS LIST for quick navigation.

*Mar. 4th (Set Day- First or second Thursday of the month)

Idaho Senior Division - All are Welcome

We have several methods for meeting, however, for now, all of us are only
meeting by phone! And we are all praying for you!

Seniors from the Treasure Valley Chapter, in Boise, meet the first, or
second Thursday at noon for lunch. Other seniors around the state join in on
the Idaho Gems Phone Chapter, which meets on the first Monday of the month.

Contact Person: President: Vel Slotten

Phone- 208-345-1018

*Mar. 4th (Set Day- First Thursday of the month)

Florida Senior Group - All are Welcome

Time: 8:00 PM ET

Topic: This month will be hobbies and activities that do not involve
blindness. Call in to share your examples, or, if you cannot think of
anything, tune in to see what others have to say on the subject.

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/99374511935> https://zoom.us/j/99374511935

One Tap:

+13126266799,,99374511935# US (Chicago)

+16468769923,,99374511935# US (New York)

dialing in by phone:

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) or

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 993 7451 1935

*Mar. 5th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

NFB of Arizona Senior Division - All are Welcome

We have a weekly Zoom meeting for seniors!

Time: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM MT

Topic: SAAVI is offering an opportunity for seniors to meet from throughout
Arizona. An occasion to discuss issues of importance like tips and tricks
for living with blindness; resources; just sharing experiences, and insight.

If you have difficulty accessing Zoom either by phone or computer, please
phone me prior to the meeting and we will make efforts to work it out.

Connie Leblond

480-489-1247

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/193756810> https://zoom.us/j/193756810

One Tap:

+16699006833,,193756810# US (San Jose)

+12532158782,,193756810# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location:

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 193 756 810

*Mar. 5th (Set Day- First Friday in the month)

Maryland Seniors monthly call: sponsored by Blind Industries and Services of
Maryland - All are Welcome

Brian Holley and Sondra Burchette are the facilitators

Time: 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM ET

Phone#: 1-605-313-4818

Access code: 720125#

One Tab:

6053134818,, 720125#

*Mar. 8th (Set Day- Second Monday of the month; Excluding July)

NFB of Nebraska Senior Division - Visitors are Welcome

Time: 7:00 PM CT

Topic: Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder; our special presenter is- Jennifer Lyman,
R.N., B.S.

Nurse Educator-Midwest, Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Here is what she wrote
as an intro:

Many of you may have heard of Non-24 Sleep Wake Disorder (also called
Non-24). It's a serious & rare circadian rhythm disorder and people living
with Non-24 experience sleep struggles and excessive daytime sleepiness
which can impair social and occupational functioning. It's often
misdiagnosed. Vanda Pharmaceutical has a specialized team of Registered
Nurse Educators who raise awareness of Non-24 through education and
community outreach at events and support groups for the visually impaired.

You don't have to be totally blind to have Non-24, but if you are totally
blind, you are at a higher risk of developing it. Learn how to recognize the
symptoms, how to talk to your doctor or family & friends is what our Nurse
Educators and Health Educators do for those who feel they may need help.

Join Zoom Meeting:
 <https://zoom.us/j/95970633927?pwd=UHNWZ2lEY2FrUWxXSlg0S2t5YXFkUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/95970633927?pwd=UHNWZ2lEY2FrUWxXSlg0S2t5YXFkUT09
One tap:

+13462487799,,95970633927#,,,,,,0#,,170591# US (Houston)
+14086380968,,95970633927#,,,,,,0#,,170591# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location:
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 959 7063 3927
Passcode: 170591

*Mar. 8t (Set Day, Second Monday of the month; Excluding

g July)

New Mexico, Senior Action Group Energy (SAGE) - All are Welcome

time: 7:00 PM MT

Topic:

This month we have invited Sherry Shirek to come and tell us her story. She
is a newbie to New Mexico, a transplant from North Dakota. For sure one
claim to fame for Sherry, she recently was elected secretary of the West
mesa Chapter.

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/96054330058> https://zoom.us/j/96054330058

One tap mobile:

+14086380968,,96054330058# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location:

+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 960 5433 0058

*Mar. 11th (Set Day- Second Thursday of the month; Excluding July)

NFB of Alabama Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 PM CT

Phone# 563-999-2432

Access code: 813429#

One Tap:

563-999-2432,, 813429#

*Mar. 12th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

[...]

*Mar. 15th (Set Day- Third Monday of the month; Excluding July, August,

December)

NFB of New Jersey Senior Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 pm ET

Topic: NFBNJ March Senior Division Meeting

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=MUl1dnZQU1JxMkhUemdCSHZUM21HUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/6477660103?pwd=MUl1dnZQU1JxMkhUemdCSHZUM21HUT09

One tap mobile:

+16468769923,,6477660103#,,,,*460994# US (New York)

+13017158592,,6477660103#,,,,*460994# US (Washington DC)

Dial by your location:

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

Meeting ID: 647 766 0103

Passcode: 460994

*Mar. 16th (Set Day- Third Tuesday of the month; Excluding December)

NFB of Georgia Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 8:00 PM ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/95539617118> https://zoom.us/j/95539617118

 One tap mobile:

+16468769923,,95539617118#

Dial from your location:

1646-876-9923

Meeting ID: 95539617118#

*Mar. 18th (Set Day- Third Thursday of each odd numbered month)

NFB of South Carolina Senior Division - All are Welcome

Time: 2:00 PM ET

Phone#: 605-475-2875

Access code: 4838754

*Mar. 19th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

[...]

*Mar. 21st (Set Day- Third Sunday of the month; Excluding December)

NFB of Ohio Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Join our Sharing Solutions monthly teleconference

Time: 7:00 PM ET

Phone#: 712-775-7031

Access code: 240281423#

One Tap for a Smart Phone; not Zoom call:

7127757031,,240281423#

Topic:

*Mar. 23rd (Set Day- Fourth Tuesday of the month; Excluding November,
December)

NFB of Kansas Seniors Division - All are Welcome

Time: 7:00 PM CT

Phone#: 916-235-1420

Access code: 879925#

Second code: 25463#

One Tap:

9162351420,,879925#,,25463#

*Mar. 24th (Set Day- Fourth Wednesday of the month; Excluding December)

NFB of Virginia Seniors Division - All Are Welcome

Time: 7:00 PM ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

 <https://zoom.us/j/8297256345> https://zoom.us/j/8297256345

One Tap:

+16468769923,,8297256345# US (New York)

+13126266799,,8297256345# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location:

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 829 725 6345

*Mar. 24th (No Set Day)

NFB Seniors Division - First Instructional Conference call of 2021 - All are
welcome

Time: 4:00 PM ET

Topic:

Join Zoom Meeting

 <https://zoom.us/j/92237336839?pwd=Mm9yTmZDRmxWaGgzZ1cyVjdwcVpPUT09>
https://zoom.us/j/92237336839?pwd=Mm9yTmZDRmxWaGgzZ1cyVjdwcVpPUT09

One tap mobile:

+13017158592,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (Washington DC)

+16468769923,,92237336839#,,,,*345# US (New York)

Dial by your location:

+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

Meeting ID: 922 3733 6839

Passcode: 345

*Mar. 26th (Set Day- Each Friday in the month)

[...]

*Mar. 27th (Set Day- to be determined)

NFB of Washington Senior Blind Group Meeting - All are Welcome

Time: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM PT

Topic: Seminar Series - Offer a place for senior citizens, their families
and their friends to meet and greet. Losing vision can be frustrating and if
you have never known a blind person, you might not know what to expect or
how to adapt. We also want to talk about what you would like to see in a
Seminar for Blind Seniors.

You can contact me at:

Kris Colcock

206-854-3025

 <mailto:kris at colcock.com> kris at colcock.com

Join Zoom Meeting:

<https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87691518396?pwd=QzBOUmZST1AyVXFUOVl1MmVXbHlzdz09>
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87691518396?pwd=QzBOUmZST1AyVXFUOVl1MmVXbHlzdz09

One tap mobile:

+12532158782,,87691518396#,,,,*630640# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location:

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

Meeting ID: 876 9151 8396

Passcode: 630640

Respectfully yours,

Robert Leslie Newman

NFBN Senior Division, President

NFB Seniors Division, Second Vice President

NFBN Omaha Chapter, Secretary