[NFBF-Melbourne] NFBF, MSCC JUNE 10, 2023 CHAPTER MINUTES FOR REVIEW

Dr. Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 03:05:23 UTC 2023

NFBF, MSCC CHAPTER MINUTES FOR SAT., JUNE 10, 2023

Meeting Call to Order:  The NFBF, MSCC June 10th CHAPTER MEETING WAS CALLED
TO ORDER AT 10:01 am.

 It was held in person and via Zoom.

Roll Call:  Joyce Taylor, VP, Board Members:  Maria Rigogliosi, Morgan
Haslett, Javier Molinares.    Camille Tate, President, was out of town.

Agenda for Chapter Meeting

Pledge of Allegiance:  Morgan Haslett

Invocational Prayer:  Nancy Hallo

ONE MINUTE MESSAGE AND PLEDGE:  Joyce Taylor

   Secretary's Report:  The May Chapter Minutes were Tabled until July
Meeting.  Maria made a Motion to Table Minutes and Nancy 2nd.  There was no
discussion and no opposers.  Motion was carried.

Treasurer's Report:  The May Treasurer's Report was Tabled until July
Meeting.  Maria made a Motion to Table and Morgan 2nd.  There was no
discussion and no opposers.  Motion was carried.

We let everyone introduce themselves, starting from the back of the room.
There were two first-timers:  Anna Albury and Linda Paulin, and one guest,
Bill OROSZ, Karen's husband.  Anna introduced herself as a graduate of the
Louisianna School of the Blind, and also received her BA from Louisianna
Christian University.  She was accompanied by her mom, Theresa.  Linda comes
to us from BAAB, sand will introduce herself next meeting.

Our first speaker, introduced by Joyce, was Karen Orosz from Conklin Davis
(formerly CVI).      She spoke from 10:15 until 11:00 am.  She discussed
Independent Living, Mobility, Computers, I Phones and Androids, etc.  There
was also a brief Q&A.

Our next speaker was Diane Dixon from Agency of Life Transformation who
began by having us all close our eyes and engage in a breathing exercise to
release all stress and anxiety.  She discussed how our bodies react to our
environment, foods we eat, devices we use daily, etc.    She spoke from
approx. 11 to 11:45 am with Q&A.

I spoke about Hurricane Preparedness for approx. 10 mins. Allowing the
Members call out what they felt was necessary to have.  We learned from each
other.

Concluded by giving Maria 10 mins. To talk about Movies and Bowling.

Maria made a Motion to adjourn meeting at 12:05 PM and Fran 2nd.  Everyone
was in favor of closing meeting.

The next Chapter meeting will be July 8, 2023.

Submitted by Joyce Taylor, VP, NFBF, MSC