[NFBF-Melbourne] NFBF, MSCC APRIL 8TH CHAPTER MINUTES FOR REVIEW

Dr. Joyce Taylor dr.joycetaylor56 at gmail.com
Mon May 8 03:02:00 UTC 2023

NFBF, MSCC Saturday, APRIL 8, 2023 CHAPTER MINUTES

Call to Order:  The NFBF, MSCC MEETING WAS CALLED TO ORDER AT 10:18 A.M. m.
It was held via Zoom.

Roll Call:  Camille Tate, Pres., Joyce Taylor, VP, Board Members:  Maria
Rigogliosi, and Morgan Hazlet.  Javier had a previous engagement.; however,
there was enough to conduct quorum.

Pledge of Allegiance was recited by Ralph Munno.

NFBF PLEDGE was done by Camille Tate

NFBF ONE MINUTE PLEDGE was done by Camille Tate.  This is what we call our
elevator speech.  za

Invocation prayer done by Nancy Hallo.  Remember,  all faiths are welcome to
do Invocational prayer.  Just let Camille know ahead of time.

At this time Camille acknowledged our visitors, Socorro Mendez and Bill.
THEY BOTH INTRODUCED THEMSELVES TO THE  Chapter.

Camille explained briefly the rules and regs.in a nutshell, and that we are
religiously, politically, and technology neutral.  They both expressed they
wanted to join.  Also, Hattie Fredrick and Lisa Reynolds also wanted to
join, so Nancy Hallo made a Motion  regarding those that wished to join and
Fran Munno 2nd.  All were in favor.

Agenda for Board Meeting

Secretary's Report:  Nancy Hallo made a Motion that we accept the March
Chapter Minutes as e-mailed.  The Motion was 2nd by Fran Munno.  All were in
favor and the March Minutes were archived on April 8th.9th

Camille is still seeking a Secretary and Treasurer.

$50.  Treasurer's Report:  Camille did the February and March Treasurer's
report combined.  The opening balance     in checking was $590.56  for Feb.
1st.  One expense for HP Instant ink was $12.83.   Closing balance for Feb.
was $577.73.  Our Savings account's  opening balance was $2,244.10.  NO
TRANSAACTIONS, BUT earned 10 cents in interest.  The opening balance for
March's Checking was $577.73.  There was a debit of $12.83 for Instant Ink
and credits FOR $20 in membership dues  received in Feb. but unable to get
to bank; $532.37 when we closed our Space Coast Credit Union accounts, and
anticipating co-hosting the State Convention and buying WFC  CANDY, WE
TRANSFERRED $700 from Savings which left our Checking account with a balance
of $1,337.27. March's opening balance for Savings account  was $2,244.20  ,
and a debit of $700 for transfer  ; Earned 8 c4ents in interest  and our
Savings account balance is $1,544.28.    Pay Pal is open but nothing in it.
Square is not open yet.  Total cash is $2,881.55.  Some transactions that
did not clear yet will be included in April's report.  Nancy suggested that
Camille tell new members about PayPal .   Camille informed members that we
do accept PayPal but you must pay   a three (3)  percent fee so that we
won't incur that cost; so annual dues will be $10.31.  We must pay the
Affiliate $3.00 per member.  Also, if paying by PayPal, send it to Melbourne
@Florida.org.  Joyce   Taylor made a Motion that we accept the Treasurer's
report and it was 2nd by Maria Rigogliosi; all were in favor.  Bill paid
dues for himself and Socorro at this time.

President's REPORT:

New Business  Camille  forgot Checkbook and raffle tickets; however,  she
will send a check to Maria to  give to the LaVeist family on Sat., April
22nd at funeral  I will be out of town and asked Joyce to speak on my
behalf.    Awe give members of our Chapter $100 love offering for
bereavement.

We are co-hosting the State Convention this year and the Board has allowed a
budget of $100 for Door Prizes  and $225 for the two (2 auctions at the
Convention .     The UNUSED monies AND fundraising MONEY will be deposited
directing into our Saving's account since Checking if full and we can
continue to earn 8 or 10 cents interest.

The majority of my work has been geared towards the Convention due to the
fact that I am Chair of the State Convention

The Space Coast Harley Davidson Center will allow AB WOR KS/Helping Hands to
host their Fundraiser on Sat. April 29th from 11 am to 4 pm.  The MSCC will
have a tent, table and chairs for those that wish to participate.  Please
let Maria know for bus transportation purposes.  A Motion was made and 2nd
at the Board meeting to donate $50 to Helping Hands.

.  Camille is also working on a Disability Awareness event in October;
possibly a panel of all disabilities coming together bringing  our disabled
community  within our County.

Maria asked for a date for White Cane Awareness Day  ? Camille answered that
it is always October 15th.

  That happens to fall on a Sun., so we'll target the week of October 8th
(as close to the 15th as possible).

Next, Camille discussed November Gala:  Camille  discussed our previous
ideas regarding our initial Gala and Fashion show which the Contract was
$15,000, entirely too much at the Crown Plaza, so we cancelled.  We are now
planning a smaller Gala in November 2023 at the Red Ginger.  We are asking
the Chapter how many people do you think we should tell the Red Ginger that
we anticipate coming and what date?  The Board selected Nov. 18th.  Javier
is still checking out other venues.

The Purchase of a paper Bus Pass for Chapter Meetings has been approved.  It
will be held onto by Maria to assist members when needed.

State Convention  and Chapter Convention Planning:

The State Convention will be held Oct. 6, 7 and 8 at the Embassy Suites in
Tampa, Fl.  The Hotel has been renovated and breakfast is free from 6:30
A.M. to 9 am - General session starts at 9 am.  Room rate is $115 plus tax
and can sleep up to five, same sex please unless married or family. Camille
spoke about the one assigned room for Each Chapter.  Our room is taken
because I need An  alternate  delegate and Joyce is that person.  Camille
explained how it all works.  If we fund raise well, we can have a second
room assigned.  Usually,  $25 is for Registration and Banquet is Probably
about $50.  .  We do give stipends on a case- by-case  need, and you must
contact me personally.  Last year, we paid for Morgan's room as a first
timer. It should not cost us anything to Co-Host, so if wee fund raise well,
we should be good to go.  Our goal is to get as many members to the
Convention as possible.    We will probably cover Registration and Banquet
as we have been doing and if possible, stipends as well.  Camille has
appointed a Convention Planning Committee day which is 2nd  Wed. at 8 pm.
We will possibly writing letters, making phone calls, donations, etc.

Maria asked again who was interested in attending the free Movies with Deb
Martin at the Library  now in Eau Gallie, not Cocoa.  Five people for
Thursday for the Movies was counted beginning with once a month.  Shore
Lanes in Palm  Bay Bowling with Jackie Yearby.  Thurs.. seemed to be the
best day for the majority.  The price for bowling is $5 for bowling and
shoes.  Morgan. Fran, Joyce, Lisa  and Brenda Williams, if possible.  Also,
Camille and Maria  will attend if possible.  Maria will schedule
transportation for both events at $1.50 each way.  Please call her at
321.795.7375 if transportation is needed.

A Motion was made by Nancy and 2nd by Maria to adjourn meeting at 12:00 p.m.

World's  Finest Chocolate  :     Camille distributed candy to members at
this meeting.

The next Chapter meeting will be held on Sat. May 13, 2023.

Submitted by Dr. Joyce Taylor, VP, NFBF, MSCC