[NFBF-Miami-Dade] FW: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Affiliate Caucus: More Than Just a Gathering

Jorge Hernandez jeh6 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 21 23:34:20 UTC 2020

From: DENISE VALKEMA [mailto:valkemadenise at aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 6:59 PM
To: Paul Martinez; Jorge Hernandez; Lauren Dean Blum; Merry Schoch; Miranda Kilby; Rafael Fernandez; Camille Tate; Sylvia Young
Subject: Fwd: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Affiliate Caucus: More Than Just a Gathering

FYI

Denise Valkema, President  National Federation of the Blind of Florida

(305)972-8529

president at nfbflorida.org

www.nfbflorida.org

Follow us @nfbflorida

You can live the life you want.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lewis, Anil via State-Affiliate-Leadership-List" <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: June 9, 2020 at 5:17:00 PM EDT
To: State Affiliate Leadership List <state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Cc: "Lewis, Anil" <ALewis at nfb.org>

NFB Affiliate Presidents:

Each affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind is being given space and time to host an affiliate caucus at our national convention. This is more than just a time to get together, it is an opportunity to get the needed work of the Federation done while sharing time and space with affiliate members. In this year it is particularly important to do so. Since all affiliates will be meeting concurrently, you need not worry about dividing your attention, or competing for meeting room space. All affiliate caucuses will occur on Friday, July 17 between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. eastern. Additional information about the logistics of setting up the caucuses will be forthcoming.

In preparation of our upcoming convention, I thought it would be helpful for our leaders to share what items your affiliates intend to address during your caucus. Here are some caucus agenda topics to consider addressing during your gathering:

*	Welcoming first time convention attendees
*	Obtaining feedback on everyone’s convention experience
*	Recognition of national, local, and Kenneth Jernigan scholarship recipients
*	Conduct and coordinate fundraising
*	Promote the PAC plan and the Give $20 Campaign
*	Discussion of resolutions

Please share any additional ideas or unique strategies you use to engage the membership and build the Federation during your caucus.

Sincerely,

Anil

Anil Lewis, M.P.A.

Executive Director

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2374 | alewis at nfb.org

Twitter: @AnilLife

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for State-Affiliate-Leadership-List:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/state-affiliate-leadership-list_nfbnet.org/valkemadenise%40aol.com