[NFBF-Tampa] To the nfb tampa chapter list

Ineko Gary rubiigary at gmail.com
Sat May 15 03:33:47 UTC 2021

Hi everyone

Question can everyone please keep me lifted up in prayers. I have some news to share with you that I just found out yesterday from the MRI they did back December 3. I had to wait until they had got a new doctor. The new doctor at BRANDON HEALTHPLEX.

She read the MRI results to me and my sign language interpreter. And I just found out that I am in the early stages of spinal stenosis. Yesterday I cried and my doctor wanted to keep me for a little while until my nerves was coming up to leave. If you’re not sure what spinal stenosis is I will link it down below.

I put some information down below for those who do not know what spinal stenosis is. You can read it at your own time if you would like to

Lots of love always ❤️🤟
Ineko & Frisco

Spinal stenosis is an abnormal narrowing of the spinal canal or neural foramen that results in pressure on the spinal cord or nerve roots.[6] Symptoms may include pain, numbness, or weakness in the arms or legs.[1] Symptoms are typically gradual in onset and improve with bending forwards.[1]Severe symptoms may include loss of bladder control, loss of bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.[1]

Spinal stenosis

Spinal stenosis
Specialty
Orthopedics, neurosurgery
Symptoms
Pain, numbness, or weakness in the arms or legs[1]
Complications
Loss of bladder control, loss of bowel control, sexual dysfunction[1]
Usual onset
Gradual[1]
Types
Cervical, thoracic, lumbar[2]
Causes
Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal tumors, trauma, Paget's disease of the bone, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, achondroplasia[3]
Diagnostic method
Based on symptoms and medical imaging[4]
Differential diagnosis
Cauda equina syndrome, osteomylitis, peripheral vascular disease, fibromyalgia[5]
Treatment
Medications, exercises, bracing, surgery.[6]
Medication
NSAIDs, acetaminophen, steroid injections[7]
Frequency
Up to 8% of people[4]
Causes may include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal tumors, trauma, Paget's disease of the bone, scoliosis, spondylolisthesis, and the genetic condition achondroplasia.[3]It can be classified by the part of the spine affected into cervical, thoracic, and lumbar stenosis.[2] Lumbar stenosis is the most common, followed by cervical stenosis.[2]Diagnosis is generally based on symptoms and medical imaging.[4]

Treatment may involve medications, bracing, or surgery.[6] Medications may include NSAIDs, acetaminophen, or steroid injections.[7] Stretching and strengthening exercises may also be useful.[1] Limiting certain activities may be recommended.[6] Surgery is typically only done if other treatments are not effective, with the usual procedure being a decompressive laminectomy.[7]

Spinal stenosis occurs in as many as 8% of people.[4] It occurs most commonly in people over the age of 50.[8] Males and females are affected equally often.[9] The first modern description of the condition is from 1803 by Antoine Portal, and there is evidence of the condition dating back to Ancient Egypt.[10]

Signs and symptoms

Causes

Types

Diagnosis