[NFBF-Tampa] Minutes for Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting 20220618

danjhicks at gmail.com danjhicks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:55:00 UTC 2022

Minutes of Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting

June 18, 2022

The meeting was held at Beef 'O'Brady's Restaurant, 8810 North Himes Avenue,
Tampa, Florida.

The meeting was called to order at 12:02 PM by the President, Miranda Kilby.

All present introduced themselves, including some members who joined via
Zoom.  Miranda lead the NFB Pledge.

The minutes for the previous meeting were approved as emailed (Motion by
Sewar Qumebi, seconded by Board Member Yvonne Rosanelli).

Treasurer Dan Hicks gave the Treasurer's Report. We have a balance of
$1736.44 in our chapter treasury. Yvonne Rosanelli has $200 of chapter funds
for a candy sale fundraiser. Yvonne said the fundraiser has netted about
$45.00 so far. Treasurer's report was approved (Motion by Paul Martinez,
second by Ineko Gary).

The next item of discussion was our upcoming Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser,
which is scheduled for Saturday, July 23 at Beef'O'Brady's. Miranda will
distribute flyers and tickets at today's meeting. The tickets will sell for
$8.00. The event will include drawings for prizes and free NFB literature.
Our regular chapter meeting will take place after the Pancake Breakfast at
Beef'O'Brady's. We will need to give a head-count to the restaurant before
the event so they will know how many to expect.

There followed a discussion of ways to distribute the flyer and sell tickets
to the community, as well as how to get prizes for raffles.

Miranda said that everyone should take part in the work the day of the
event. She wants to assign specific tasks to each member. She would like
everyone to wear their NFB yellow polo shirts the day of the event. She will
look into having more yellow polos made for members who do not have them. In
any event, those chapter members should wear yellow shirts for the event. We
should plan to be there from 8:30 AM until Noon on that day for the
Breakfast and the meeting.

The Mayor's Alliance for Persons with Disabilities will be holding an a
Disability Awareness Expo to celebrate the 32nd anniversary of the ADA on
July 27 at the County Center. We have been invited to take part in and
distribute literature at this event. We have been asked to purchase bottled
water - at least 200 8-ounce bottles - for the event. We decided to donate
$50.00 for bottled water for the event (motion by Jessica Cuddy, second by
Sewar Qumebi).

At Miranda's request, Dan explained how to use Zelle to donate or pay money
to the Tampa Bay Chapter treasury. The phone number associated with it is
813-943-5544 and it comes up as "Tampa Bay Chapter."

Chapter Vice President Gloria Mills Hicks reported on TD Tampa Bay.
Hillsborough, Pinellas, and Pasco counties are filing for a license to
provide transportation service between those three counties. Unfortunately
this does not include Hernando or Manatee Counties, which are the other
counties that make up TBARTA.  She hopes to have more news to put out in the
following week or two.

Gloria is also investigating having a Spirit Night for the chapter at
Chili's Restaurant at 2903 North Dale Mabry, close to Columbus and Dale
Mabry.

Board Member Yvonne Rosanelli mentioned an art exhibit at the West Shore
Mall. It is a model of the Sistine Chapel, complete with audio description
of the frescoes and other artworks. She is also in touch with Zoo Tampa
about having an event where our members can visit the zoom and get close to
and touch some of the animals. The cutoff for those who are interested in
such an event to contact Yvonne is July 31. Also, the chapter will go
bowling on August 19.

Brittany Fraer announced that she and Scott are expecting a baby.

The 50/50 drawing was won by Gloria Hicks. She won $60.00.

Board Member Barbara Gaw made the motion to adjourn, seconded by Sewar. The
meeting was adjourned at 1:07 PM.

Respectfully Submitted

Dan Hicks

Treasurer