[NFBF-Tampa] Solving the Uber/Lyft service Animal Problem: You have the power!

marion.gwizdala at verizon.net marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Wed Jan 25 16:06:16 UTC 2023

Webinar: Solving the Uber/Lyft Service Animal Problem: You have the power!

 <https://www.serviceanimals.info/webinar-registration.html> Join the
conversation

As a service animal handler, I feel the same sort of anxiety each time I
open the Uber or Lyft app. I will even admit that I have sometimes opted for
the easy out of not taking my service dog when I really wanted and felt I
needed him so as to not risk missing an important meeting due to a driver's
failure to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. I have had Uber
drivers speed away as I approach their vehicle and even had my hand caught
in a door handle as the Uber pulled away! A strong, collective voice among
service animal handlers can make a significant impact on this serious,
pervasive, and persistent discrimination!

 <https://www.serviceanimals.info/webinar-registration.html> Join the
conversation

On Tuesday, February 7 at 1:00 & 8:00 p.m. Eastern, Advocates for Service
Animal Partners will host "Solving the Uber & Lyft Service Animal Problem:
You have the power!" This conversation will feature David Shaffer, a
prominent Washington, D.C. civil rights attorney.

Our experts will
*Discuss the issues we face with Uber and Lyft
*Help us understand the value and importance of collective action
*Share tips on how to gather compelling evidence
*Help us navigate the complaint filing process.

 <https://www.serviceanimals.info/webinar-registration.html> Join the
conversation

Every disabled individual who uses a service animal knows that Uber and Lyft
are among the biggest offenders when it comes to violating our civil rights
under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Though each company has specific
policies concerning their drivers' responsibilities to provide rides to
those of us who use service dogs to mitigate our disabilities, it seems
their commitment to comply with the law and hold their drivers responsible
are nothing more than words. In fact, when one service dog handler contacted
Uber about one of their drivers denying a ride twice in three days, she was
told she should request that driver not be assigned to her rather than
permanently removing the driver from their platform as their policy
requires.

Advocates for Service Animal Partners urges you to join us in holding Uber
and Lyft accountable for their persistent and pervasive pattern of
discrimination by demanding the Department of Justice send a clear and
unmistakable message to Uber and Lyft that denying our civil rights will no
longer be tolerated!

 <https://www.serviceanimals.info/webinar-registration.html> Join the
conversation

WHAT: Solving the Uber/Lyft Service Animal Problem: You have the power!
WHEN: Tuesday, February 7, 2023TIMES: 1:00 p.m. & 8:00 p.m. Eastern
WHERE: Anywhere & Everywhere Via Zoom; the link will be sent upon
registration

Advocates for Service Animal Partners provides this material for
informational purposes only. Material contained here is not legal advice. If
you need legal advice, please contact an attorney licensed to practice law
in your state.

Marion Gwizdala, President/CEO

(He/His/Him)

Advocates for Service Animal Partners Inc. (ASAP)

Office: 386-ASAP411 (386-272-7411)

Hotline: 855-ASAP211 (855-272-7211)

 <mailto:Advocacy411 at gmail.com> Advocacy411 at gmail.com

ServiceAnimals.info