[NFBF-Tampa] An Invitation to our Dress Rehearsal

shaaron shantiaaron at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 14:22:15 UTC 2023

What time is the dress rehearsal?

Shanti

From: NFBF-Tampa <nfbf-tampa-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Marion
Gwizdala via NFBF-Tampa
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2023 6:01 PM
To: 'NFB of Florida Tampa Chapter List' <nfbf-tampa at nfbnet.org>; 'NFB of
Cc: marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Subject: [NFBF-Tampa] An Invitation to our Dress Rehearsal

Dear NFBF Family,

                As you know, the Tampa Bay Chapter will be presenting a
unique concert of acoustic rock music reflecting the 2023 NFBF convention
theme of "Stronger Together!". I have posted the details of the show below.
The final rehearsal of any show is known as a dress rehearsal and is our
last chance to make any changes and polish any rough edges. A dress
rehearsal is the performance of the entire show just as it will be
presented, including lighting and sound support, with limited interruptions.
A live audience is an important element of the dress rehearsal , as it is
more energizing to perform for an audience than to just play the music. I am
offering any member who has purchased a ticket for the show and wants a
sneak peak of the music to join us for this dress rehearsal. Put your name
on the dress rehearsal audience list by sending a message with "Dress
Rehearsal" in the subject line to Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net
<mailto:Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net> .

                On Thursday, October 5, the Tampa Bay Chapter of the
National Federation of the Blind of Florida will present "Stronger
Together", a professionally produced musical celebration of unity and
diversity. The concert will feature five blind musicians from across Florida
performing a presentation of dynamic, inspirational music. The show will be
presented in the Ballroom of the Embassy Suites USF at Busch Gardens,
located on the campus of the University of South Florida, 3705 Spectrum
Blvd, Tampa 33612. Doors will open at 6:30 pm for a silent auction with the
concert beginning at 7:30. Advance admission is $20. NFBF members and groups
of ten or more can score tickets for $15 per ticket. By attending this
event, you will be supporting the local initiatives of the National
Federation of the Blind of Florida, including Braille literacy for children
and adults, scholarships for blind students, community blindness awareness
events, advocacy support, and much more! The attached flyer has a link for
purchasing general admission tickets. To receive a link to purchase discount
(member & group) tickets, please email <TampaBay at nfbflorida.org
<mailto:TampaBay at nfbflorida.org> .

The National Federation of the Blind believes that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines us or our futures. Every day we raise
expectations because low expectations create obstacles between blind people
and our dreams. We can live the lives we want! Blindness is not what holds
us back.