[NFBF-Tampa] My Oversight: An Invitation to our Dress Rehearsal

shaaron shantiaaron at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 19:18:48 UTC 2023

Thanks Marion. I hope to be there.

Shanti

From: NFBF-Tampa <nfbf-tampa-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Marion Gwizdala via NFBF-Tampa
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2023 2:29 PM
To: 'NFB of Florida Internet Mailing List' <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>; 'NFB of Florida Tampa Chapter List' <nfbf-tampa at nfbnet.org>
Cc: marion.gwizdala at verizon.net
Subject: [NFBF-Tampa] My Oversight: An Invitation to our Dress Rehearsal

Dear All,

                Please accept my sincere apology for failing to share an important piece of information with you. The dress rehearsal for the Stronger Together concert will be at 1:30 in Salon E. In order to attend the dress rehearsal, you must have a valid ticket to the show. This offer is not for a free show; rather, it is an invitation to help us make the show better by giving us audience feedback for the performance. I have corrected the below information by adding that detail. I hope to see many of you there!

Fraternally yours,

Marion

Dear NFBF Family,

                As you know, the Tampa Bay Chapter will be presenting a unique concert of acoustic rock music reflecting the 2023 NFBF convention theme of “Stronger Together!”. I have posted the details of the show below. The final rehearsal of any show is known as a dress rehearsal and is our last chance to make any changes and polish any rough edges. A dress rehearsal is the performance of the entire show just as it will be presented, including lighting and sound support, with limited interruptions. A live audience is an important element of the dress rehearsal , as it is more energizing to perform for an audience than to just play the music. I am offering any member who has purchased a ticket for the show and wants a sneak peak of the music to join us for this dress rehearsal. The rehearsal will begin at 1:30. Put your name on the dress rehearsal audience list by sending a message with “Dress Rehearsal” in the subject line to Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net <mailto:Marion.Gwizdala at verizon.net> .

                On Thursday, October 5, the Tampa Bay Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida will present “Stronger Together”, a professionally produced musical celebration of unity and diversity. The concert will feature five blind musicians from across Florida performing a presentation of dynamic, inspirational music. The show will be presented in the Ballroom of the Embassy Suites USF at Busch Gardens, located on the campus of the University of South Florida, 3705 Spectrum Blvd, Tampa 33612. Doors will open at 6:30 pm for a silent auction with the concert beginning at 7:30. Advance admission is $20. NFBF members and groups of ten or more can score tickets for $15 per ticket. By attending this event, you will be supporting the local initiatives of the National Federation of the Blind of Florida, including Braille literacy for children and adults, scholarships for blind students, community blindness awareness events, advocacy support, and much more! The attached flyer has a link for purchasing general admission tickets. To receive a link to purchase discount (member & group) tickets, please email <TampaBay at nfbflorida.org <mailto:TampaBay at nfbflorida.org> .

The National Federation of the Blind believes that blindness is not the characteristic that defines us or our futures. Every day we raise expectations because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives we want! Blindness is not what holds us back.

<Stronger Together Flyer PDF.pdf>