[NFBF-Tampa] Minutes of Tampa Bay Chapter Meeting 240622

danjhicks at gmail.com danjhicks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 02:43:33 UTC 2024

Tampa Bay Chapter

National Federation of the Blind

Minutes for Chapter Meeting

June 22, 2024

The meeting was held at Beef 'O'Brady's Restaurant, 8810 North Himes Avenue,
Tampa, Florida.

The meeting was called to order at 12:15 PM by the Vice President, Christine
Copley. All present and attending via Zoom introduced themselves.

The NFB Pledge was Led by Sherri Brun.

Being as Chapter Secretary Sherrill O'Brien was absent, we tables the
reading of the minutes. Motion by Marion Gwizdala, Seconded by Barbara Gaw.

Treasurer Dan Hicks read the Treasurer's Report. Our balance is currently
$4,754.32. The motion to approve the report was made by Marion Gwizdala,
seconded by Chapter Board member Scott Greenblatt.

Merry Schoch announced to the group that Mike O'Brien, husband of Sherrill,
has passed away. The chapter observed a moment of silence in his memory.

Christine brought up our upcoming Pancake Breakfast, scheduled for July 27.
She suggested reaching out to businesses that we frequent to ask for gift
cards and other donations for the event.

Dan read the event flyer for the Pancake Breakfast and distributed copies of
it as well as tickets for members to sell.

There was further discussion of getting coffee and Champaigne and other
donations.

Barbara will bring the coffee to the event.

On Sunday, July 21, we will be selling tickets in front of a Publix
Supermarket. Members are asked to sign up for times to be there to pass out
flyers and sell Pancake Breakfast tickets.

Dan suggested selling only one type of drawing ticket, but allowing the
purchaser to put their tickets into whichever drawings the want a chance of
winning.

Barbara asked if anyone had reached out to the area Lions' Clubs for help
with the event.

Board Member Greg Farley will contact them.

Christine brought up the National Convention in Orlando, coming up July 3
thru 9. We are looking for volunteers to help with various aspects of the
convention, including hosting in the Hospitality Suite. There was a
discussion of the Exhibit Hall, Resolutions, and other aspects of the
National Convention.

Board Member Yvonne Rosanelli mentioned the recent activity at the Tampa Bay
History Museum. She said it was well-attended, informative, and enjoyable.
She asked if we would like to do another bowling event in August. The group
was in favor of the idea.

Marion Gwizdala mentioned a case that has been filed against  an AirBNB host
for removing a guest because the guest had a service animal. It will go to a
jury trial. Anyone who can come to the hearing on Monday, July 22, will be
appreciated.

The 50/50 drawing was held. Sherri Brun won $29.00.

The meeting was adjourned at 1:05 PM

Respectfully submitted,

Dan Hicks, Treasurer

Tampa Bay Chapter