[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Fwd: Friday: National Convention News & Updates

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 11:47:18 UTC 2021

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President

Treasure Coast Chapter
Home Phone: 561-366-7841
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461
Email: treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Date: July 9, 2021 at 7:35:24 AM EDT
To: "Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan" <ndfinchamshehan at yahoo.com>
Subject: Friday: National Convention News & Updates

Day 4 of NFB21: Affiliate Caucuses, General Sessions, & More

Información y Agenda en Español

Welcome to the fourth day of the 2021 National Federation of the Blind National Convention! Today’s agenda includes affiliate caucuses, the Presidential Report, and general sessions. More information, including ways to access and connect, can be found at https://nfb.org/convention.

Please note: all times are in Eastern Daylight Time.

State Affiliate Caucuses

11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Join your state affiliate caucus to meet or renew ties with your Federation friends and family, review this year’s resolutions, and learn more about the work of the Federation. Visit your affiliate’s website or contact your delegate, typically your state president, for exact times and connection details.

General Sessions & Presidential Report

General Sessions begin 2:00 p.m. with the Presidential Report and other exciting and informative speakers. The Presidential Report is always an important time to reflect on our work during the past year.

As a preview, President Riccobono’s remarks note, “While the COVID-19 pandemic and the resultant social and economic dynamics have tested our movement, the record will show we remain stronger together as blind people.”

We agree and hope you will be there to celebrate our progress. Join via Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/98741727764.

Additional Options for Accessing General Sessions:

1CapApp for Captions
YouTube
Shoutcast
Access the agenda on NFB-NEWSLINE®
Ask your Amazon device to play “Nation’s Blind”
Captions: Access 1CapApp on All Sessions

All convention sessions are being captioned within the Zoom platform, which includes subtitles and the full transcript. The 1CapApp option is also available and it allows for following the captions at your own pace. The 1CapApp links are now all available in text format and in the CrowdCompass virtual event platform.

Your Feedback Is Needed: Important Legal Program Surveys

If you find yourself with a spare moment during Convention, please visit our legal webpage to participate in our many important surveys to share your experiences to help advocate for our

Rideshare Discrimination Survey
Access to Digital Library Services Survey
Education Technology Survey
Unemployment Benefits Survey
Access to COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Survey
Travel Survey
Reminders

Contribute to the Give $20 Convention Drawing
Join the PAC Program
Connect with Sponsors & Exhibitors
Have a Great Convention!

Thank you for being part of the 2021 National Federation of the Blind National Convention. We are stronger together: transforming and unifying our future.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230 | 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe | Opt Out |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter