[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Fwd: [NFBF-L] Links to Washington Seminar Fact Sheets

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 02:00:08 UTC 2022

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President

Treasure Coast Chapter
Home Phone: 561-366-7841
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461
Email: treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com

Begin forwarded message:

From: Sherri Brun via NFBF-L <nfbf-l at nfbnet.org>
Date: January 3, 2022 at 2:23:50 PM EST
Cc: Sherri Brun <flmom2006 at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBF-L] Links to Washington Seminar Fact Sheets

Here are the links to the fact sheets for the 2222 Washington Seminar.

Fact Sheets
Access Technology Affordability Act

The cost of critically needed access technology is out of reach for most blind Americans. The Access Technology Affordability Act will improve affordability of critically needed access technology necessary for employment and independent living.

Access Technology Affordability Act (H.R. 431/S. 212) HTML
Access Technology Affordability Act (H.R. 431/S. 212) Word
Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act

Advanced digital interfaces create barriers that prevent blind individuals from independently and safely operating home-use medical devices that are essential to their daily healthcare needs. The Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act will end unequal access to home-use medical devices for blind Americans.

Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (H.R. 4853) HTML
Medical Device Nonvisual Accessibility Act (H.R. 4853) Word
Twenty-First Century Website and Applications Accessibility Act

Websites are required by law to be accessible, but without implementing regulations most businesses and retailers have little understanding of what accessible means. The Twenty-First Century Mobile Apps and Website Accessibility Act will end website and mobile application inaccessibility for blind Americans.

Twenty-First Century Websites & Applications Accessibility Act (HTML)
Twenty-First Century Websites & Applications Accessibility Act (Word)
Transformation to Competitive Integrated Employment Act (H.R. 2373/S. 3238)

Section 14(c) of the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 permits employers to pay people with disabilities at a rate less than the federal minimum wage and, in many cases, separated from their coworkers without disabilities. The Transformation to Competitive Integrated Employment Act will end this antiquated and discriminatory practice for all Americans with disabilities.

Transformation to Competitive Integrated Employment Act (H.R. 2373/S. 3238) HTML
Transformation to Competitive Integrated Employment Act (H.R. 2373/S. 3238) Word
These priorities will remove obstacles to economic opportunity, medical devices, websites, and civil rights. We urge Congress to support our legislative initiatives.

Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com

NFB Central Florida chapter Board Member
For Newsline Questions, Phone:  1-844-827-7371
                                The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.
Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into reality.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBF-L:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbf-l_nfbnet.org/treasurecoastnfb%40gmail.com