[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Resignation as President of the Nfb Treasure Coast Chapter

NFBFL Treasure Coast treasurecoastnfb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 04:10:24 UTC 2022

Good Evening

I pray this finds each and everyone of you healthy and safe. In addition, hoping that you have had an awesome and relaxing summer.

It is with true mixed emotions that I write this letter to you all to inform you that effective September 1, 2022, I will be resigning as your president of the national Federation of the blind of Florida, treasure coast chapter. It has been an honor to serve you all and our community as your president for the last 17 months. As I mentioned, this is with true mixed emotions. I love serving the members of the Treasure Coast Chapter and the state of Florida and it is with sadness that I am stepping down as your president. However, I will be only a phone call away, should anyone need anything from me.

I would like to share with you the reason why am stepping down as your president is that I have been offered an amazing job opportunity as assistant general manager of transit company in Hartford, Connecticut. As many of you know, I have been in the transit industry for over 20 years and most recently have worked at Palm Tran in Palm Beach County. This is a huge opportunity and career boost for me both personally and professionally. Many of you may not know, but there are not many blind people within management experience within the transit industry, and definitely not blind women. So, my family and I are relocating to Hartford, Connecticut.

We will continue to have ties within the treasure coast and Palm Beach area, so definitely will be traveling back-and-forth quite frequently. My initial position was to stay on as your president until our elections to be held in April, 2023. However, the current board feels as though it would be best for me to resign, so that those who live in the community can serve you and the community of the national Federation of the blind treasure coast chapter. As president, I have always wanted to do what was in the best interest of the membership and the community, therefore, I respect the board‘s wishes and I am submitting my resignation effective September 1, 2022.

Again, if any of you need anything, please do not hesitate to contact me on my cell phone 410–4 93–4461. I am only a phone call away and I am more than willing and able to assist in anyway and every way that I can do so. Then Nfb Treasure Coast Chapter will always have an extremely special place in my heart and the hearts of my family. Many of you know, Tameka was a near and dear friend to us and her passing hit us extremely hard. Upon us relocating to Florida, Tamika and her family adopted us into their family. With us not having any family and friends, her and her family were truly a breath of fresh air. So, when she passed away, I wanted to step in and do anything and everything that I can to ensure the continuation and success of this chapter. I will definitely be involved in any way that you the membership would like me to be involved. I will attend meetings via zoom, when my schedule permits. But again, if I can do anything for anyone, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Again, this is a bittersweet moment for me, as I love each and everyone of you and you all have taught me something in your own way. May God continue to bless a and guide you all.

Thank you
Nicole

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
President