[NFBFTtreasure-Coast] Resignation as Your Board Member

Nicole and James Shehan nicolejames.2016 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 04:16:58 UTC 2022

Hello

Hope this finds everyone well. I apologize that I missed you all in our August meeting. My wife and daughter, along with myself, all were getting over having Covid. I am still having long-term symptoms and have been placed on short term disability from my job.

However, I am writing to you all to inform you that I will be resigning effective September 1, 2022 as a board member of the national Federation of the blind treasure coast chapter. This was a difficult decision, but the chapter board has asked both Nicole and I to step down, so we want to do what is in the best interest of the board and the membership that we were elected to serve.

As many of you will receive an email from Nicole, it states the reason that she is stepping down as your president is because she was offered a great job opportunity that is relocating us to Hartford, Connecticut. We were planning to do dual residency between Florida and Connecticut for the time being, so that we could continue to serve the membership of the national Federation of the blind, I Treasure Coast Chapter through our elections in April, 2023. Howeve However though, we want to honor the wishes of the board, so we are both resigning from the chapter.

It has given me great pleasure to serve as your board member for the last 17 months. I have learned a lot within myself and being able to assist where needed. We have done some awesome activities and look forward to seeing where the chapter can go in the future. This chapter was extremely important to both Nicole and I and our family, because Tameka had a very special place in our hearts. She was the family that we never knew we had and that God blessed us with, upon us moving to Florida. So after her sudden passing, we wanted to see the success of the chapter. We pray that God will give you all the strength to step up and continue the work that Sameka started and that Nicole and I have helped to build and continue since her sudden passing.

If Nicole or I could be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will definitely join the meetings as our schedules permits. However, Nicole will be doing quite a bit of traveling and I will probably be with the children. But, do not hesitate to contact us though if we can be of any assistance. We pray that God continues to guide and bless you and give you the strength to continue the work of the national Federation of the blind, treasure Coast chapter. Again I have been honored and humbled to serve as your board member. May God continue to bless you.

Thank you
James

Nicole D. Fincham-Shehan
James P. Shehan