[NFBJ] Accessible Naki Radio?

Ricky Lomey rickyl at iafrica.com
Sat Dec 18 20:53:05 UTC 2021

Shavua tov, I think Shabbos may already be out in the Americas, being
winter, came out here in Johannesburg about four hours ago.

I've heard of the Naki Kosher radio, is it accessible or how easy is it to
use when there would be no sighted help around? I've heard of one Orthodox
lady who imported one, she is sighted, so it seems to work here though not
sure of any adaptions to the device technically in terms of frequencies or
other stuff being outside North America, also not sure if all stations would
stream, I found a few on my Blindshell Classic phone but they're hard to
find and some the stream on the Blindshell is quiet and I'd have to ask the
manufacturer of the phone, in the Czech Republic, if the streams are broken,
unless they don't stream outside a certain geographical area but then they
should leave an automated message to this affect as some other stations do.

Ricky Lomey