[Nfbk] Kentucky Association of Blind Athletes--Do you know someone who could benefit?

Nickie Pearl njp at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 2 12:31:27 UTC 2011

Hello Friend's

The Kentucky Association of Blind Athletes [KABA] needs your help! We need volunteers to help us in the far reaches of Kentucky, and the Greater Cincinnati area to find and recruit athletes.

Feel free to contact Reni Jackson, Membership Director of KABA. You may also contact David Perry, who is Co-Director of Membership. In the past, before mainstreaming, we could recruit a good number of athletes from the school for the blind and Jefferson County, but that is not the case now.

What we are asking is, someone from Northern Ky, Southern Ky, Eastern Ky, and Western Ky, Including the Greater Cincinnati area to contact us to volunteer for our membership committee in order to enable KABA to improve the quality of life for person's who are blind or have some use of vision through athletic participation. This does not require any travel or cost to the individual who volunteers, just a conference call or two to suggest ways of finding these athletes.

You may ask yourself, these questions,

1. Who do I know in my area that is a good athlete?

2. Who do I know in my area that is a parent of an athlete?

3. Do I work or study were there is a person that is blind that might make a good athlete that does not know about KABA?

4. What is the history of KABA?

For more information about KABA, please go to www.kaba-online.org

To volunteer or ask more questions, please call or write us.

To reach Reni, Please call (502) 968-3602 or write renijackson at insightbb.com.

To reach David, Please call (513) 470-1122 or email daveperry at fuse.net.

Thank you!

Reni Jackson, Director of Membership, Kentucky Association of Blind Athletes.

David Perry, Coe-Director of KABA.